Georgia Chapter-PRSA Luncheon Meeting And Pre-Luncheon Seminar On December 5 To Feature How PR Fuels Southwest Airlines' Success
ATLANTA, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The December events of Georgia Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (www.prsageorgia.org) include the Chapter's monthly luncheon on communications of the merged Southwest Airlines-AirTran company and a pre-luncheon seminar on internal communication and merging corporate cultures.
The monthly luncheon, "Communications in a Post-Merger World: Integrating the cultures and brands of Southwest Airlines and AirTran," will feature Whitney Eichinger, senior manager, communications of Southwest Airlines, speaking on the merger of the two airlines. Topics covered will be:
- How are Southwest and AirTran leaders using PR to manage their brands and ensure a clear corporate voice through the merger process?
- What role does social media play in the merger communications strategy?
- How will Southwest use PR to build brand awareness and advocacy in its new markets?
Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. and the luncheon will be from noon to 1 p.m. Details and registration: http://bit.ly/ZeMbNH .
Prior to the lunch a morning seminar, "Southwest and AirTran: Lessons from an Internal Communication Success Story," will be led by Eichinger and Brad Hawkins, manager of communications, Southwest Airlines.
In the seminar, attendees will learn how to:
- Plan internal communication as a longterm process
- Integrate internal and external messaging
- Create dialogue with stakeholders
- Time communications correctly
- Write key message points (rationale, vision, transparency, WIFM–What's In It For Me)
- Coordinate multiple communication channels, and
- Use employee brand ambassadors in social media
Registration for the seminar begins at 9 a.m. and the seminar will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Details and registration: http://bit.ly/WY7YLc .
PRSA|GA, the second-largest local chapter in the national society, consists of some 850 professionals throughout Georgia. Its mission is to enhance the profession, provide continuing education and offer networking opportunities for its members.
The Chapter has regular monthly meetings and seminars, an Annual Conference for professionals and an annual Real World Collegiate Conference. Nine Special Interest Groups meet at various times and the Chapter supports nine PRSSA (student society) chapters.
SOURCE Georgia Chapter, Public Relations Society of America
More by this Source
Georgia Chapter-PRSA December Meeting
Nov 21, 2013, 11:26 ET
Georgia Chapter-PRSA October Meeting
Oct 03, 2013, 09:49 ET
Georgia Chapter-PRSA September Meeting
Sep 11, 2013, 16:21 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.