Georgia Chapter-PRSA Seminar on November 1
ATLANTA, Oct. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- On November 1, the Georgia Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (www.prsageorgia.org) will have a half-day seminar "Elevate Your Writing: Take Your Skills to a New Level."
The workshop will make your words count, your sentences sizzle and your copy sing and offers something for writers of all levels, with insight on:
- Words at Work: Choose the right words to make your writing compelling, engaging and effective. Create amazing headlines. Tell - don't just share - your story.
- Who's There? Focus on your audience and give readers the information they really need to know.
- Short and Sweet: Tips for writing succinct copy that packs a big punch.
- Style Points: Identify the most appropriate approach that catches your readers' attention - online or in print.
- Grammar is Good: Freshen up your grammar and punctuation, the basic and necessary foundations for any good writer.
The seminar will be led by Janet Reed, a writer with more than 20 years of writing, marketing and brand strategy experience. She has worked in a number of diversified industries including retail, general business, finance, travel, real estate, technology, healthcare and hospitality, to name a few.
Her work includes copy for websites, PR and sales collateral - brochures, newsletters, direct mail and bylined articles - for such companies as UPS, Chick-fil-A, Marriott, The Coca-Cola Company, Interface, Mensa Process, CNN, Doubletree and many schools, law and accounting firms. She has been recognized with industry awards from the American Marketing Association, the Direct Marketing Association, Women in Communications, the Public Relations Society of America and the International Association of Business Communicators and is a member of PRSA.
Attendance is limited to the first 50 registrants. Event registration begins at 8:45 a.m. and the seminar will be from 9 a.m. to noon at the WellStar Development Center, 2000 South Park Place, Atlanta, GA 30339. Details and registration: http://bit.ly/PKKOoy .
PRSA|GA, the second-largest local chapter in the national society, consists of some 850 professionals throughout Georgia. Its mission is to enhance the profession, provide continuing education and offer networking opportunities for its members.
The Chapter has regular monthly meetings and seminars, an Annual Conference for professionals and an annual Real World Collegiate Conference. Nine Special Interest Groups meet at various times and the Chapter supports nine PRSSA (student society) chapters.
Contact: Denise Grant
SOURCE Georgia Chapter, Public Relations Society of America