Get Cyclingnews Live Coverage On The Go, At Work, At Home #TDFtracker
SAN FRANCISCO, June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CyclingNews Tour Tracker launches today – a brand new free app from Cyclingnews.com and Tour Tracker, two of the world's leading providers of professional cycling news and live content.
Released just in time for the 100th anniversary of the Tour, the CyclingNews Tour Tracker will let cycling fans follow every pedal stroke from the Grand Depart in Corsica to the thrilling sprint on the Champs-Elysees in Paris. Daily live coverage includes commentary from Cyclingnews reporters, GPS tracking with details of every break-away and time-gap, and a unique social media feed that combines the community's best videos, photos and tweets. The full feature list includes:
- Live GPS data from the riders detailing who is in what group and what the splits are
- In depth stage previews and profiles, including videos narrated by previous Tour stage winner Magnus Backstedt
- Post stage reviews, results and round-ups within minutes of the finish
- All the latest standings for all of the Jersey competitions
- Amazing HD photography from each stage
- Video interviews from the riders
- Customised social media commentary that will include the most informed figures in world cycling - courtesy of www.stackla.com
- Historic data and commentary from the last two years of the Tour de France
The app has been designed to appeal to every level of cycling fan, and even though it is easy to use, it has a great deal of depth. Ultimately though this is about creating an engrossing real-time experience that will get better every season.
This is the beginning of a long-term strategic partnership between Future and Tour Tracker that will see the launch of a variety of products over the next few years.
Mark Cantwell, Future Sport's Digital Product Development Manager, says: "We wanted to design a product that is a natural brand extension for Cyclingnews.com, puts the user experience at it's heart and gives them all the Grand Tour information they could possibly need in the palm of their hand. Working with Tour Tracker has been amazing, they are as fanatical about cycling as us with the same aims and goals."
Allan Padgett, Tour Tracker's CEO, says: "We are psyched about the partnership with Cyclingnews. Our apps have 7 years of real-world use and user feedback, and combining that with their in-depth knowledge of cycling is exciting. We hope the app will be the #1 source for fans on the go, at work, at the race, and when watching TV coverage at home."
Since its inception in 1995, Cyclingnews has grown to become world's biggest news and results service for professional cycling, with bulletins from around the globe accessible online and on mobile. The site is the passionate cycling fan's first port of call for news, race results, tech, live race coverage, race photography, interviews, features, diaries, video content, fitness and forums.
Cyclingnews.com is part of Future Plc who also publish cycling and triathlon titles – Bikeradar.com, TriRadar.com, Cycling Plus, Procycling, Mountain Biking UK, What Mountain Bike, Triathlon Plus and Cycling News HD. Future attracts over 4.2 million online global visitors every month in cycling alone.
About Tour Tracker
Since 2007, the Tour Tracker team has been a key force behind revolutionizing cycling coverage, having now covered many of the world's biggest races with custom apps. Our initial 2007 release offered fans the first-ever live video coverage, live GPS tracking, and live geo-tagged photo feeds from the road. Our 2010 Tour de France mobile app offered fans the first and only live rider biometrics tracking. Our proven platform offers fans, race owners and cycling broadcasters the perfect solution for live coverage. More information is available at TheTourTracker.com.
About Future plc:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- We attract more than 51 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that's 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
- Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
- Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and is currently the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year and the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
SOURCE Future US