Get Dad a Checkup for Father's Day
American men aren't seeing the doctor often enough. Celebrate Father's Day by encouraging preventative health for the dads in your life.
SAN FRANCISCO, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Only 57 percent of men in the US have visited a doctor in the last year according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, compared to 74 percent of women. Patient Fusion, the personal health platform, is encouraging everyone to remind their dads to see a doctor this Father's Day. Regular check-ups can help men catch early warning signs for dangerous heart disease, diabetes or cancers.
During a health technology panel hosted by Patient Fusion earlier this week, Dr. Mehmet Oz, host of the Emmy Award winning "The Dr. Oz Show" reported that women can play a key role in convincing men to see a doctor: "Men care about their health, but not nearly as much as women, and they don't understand the bigger ecosystem of how health affects the family. ...What you really want to get men to realize is that when they have a heart attack, and they die because they didn't take care of themselves, they leave their family abandoned. ...They need to understand that you're counting on them to be around, that you love them, and you want them to love themselves as much as you do."
- Only 36 percent of patients booking doctor's appointments on Patientfusion.com are men
- 40 percent of men in their 40s have never had a cholesterol test and one third of men simply refuse to go for annual check-ups, according to the International Society for Men's Health
- Waiting time is a key reason why men don't visit the doctor, according to a study published in the American Journal of Public Health
- With more than 27,000 doctors available for online appointment booking today, Patient Fusion makes it faster and easier for dads to book a doctor's visit
- Tech-loving dads will also appreciate Patient Fusion's instant access to their online medical records and lab results after their check-up
- Visit www.patientfusion.com to make an appointment today!
About Patient Fusion
Patient Fusion is the best place to find and book an appointment with a doctor and instantly access your health records with more than 27,000 verified providers in the US. Patient Fusion addresses the needs of today's patients, empowering them to take control of their personal health and medical spending through revolutionary technology, completely free of charge. Patient Fusion is the next step in the evolution of Practice Fusion's free, web-based electronic health record (EHR) platform, the nation's largest doctor-patient community. For more information about Patient Fusion, please visit www.patientfusion.com.
SOURCE Practice Fusion
More by this Source
Practice Fusion Updates Logo to Mark Next Phase in its Evolution
Mar 11, 2014, 08:30 ET
For Doctors New to Practice Fusion, Free Hardware to Ease Transition to Paper-Free Office
Jan 28, 2014, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.