ALEXANDRIA, Va., May 30, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- National Fishing and Boating Week kicks off summer with family-friendly events, activities and ways to cast a line and hit the open water during the week of June 3-11. The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) and its Take Me Fishing™ and Vamos A Pescar™ campaigns invite families to get outside and find their new favorite fishing hole or boating spot. National Fishing and Boating Week includes the following opportunities families will flip over:
- #ReelFun Fishing Events – Educational events will be hosted June 3-4 at more than 1,600 Walmart® stores across the U.S. All ages and skill levels are invited to learn fishing tips from expert anglers, purchase a fishing license and test their casting skills, all while grabbing everything they need to enjoy a day out on the water.
- Free Fishing Days 2017 – Most states offer free fishing days for everyone to fish on public bodies of water without a fishing license. With several taking place during National Fishing and Boating Week, these are perfect opportunities for beginners to try fishing for the first time.
- Fish Personality Quiz – Are you a feisty and spirited rainbow trout or a mysteriously alluring walleye? Starting June 5, discover your true inner swimmer by taking our interactive Fish Personality Quiz and entering for a chance to win prizes like a trip to Yellowstone National Park (including hotel and fishing excursions) and gift cards from Sierra Trading Post to help get outfitted for the trip.
- #FirstCatch – Create and capture moments fishing and boating with family and friends, then share them with others online using #FirstCatch. As Take Me Fishing's initiative to help anglers come together and revel in the joys of fishing and boating, #FirstCatch encourages anglers to share their first fishing and boating memories – first catch of the day, first fish of the season or even the first catch of a lifetime.
- 2017 Best Family-Friendly Places to Boat and Fish – A collection of publicly accessible gems sourced from celebrities such as country music star Luke Bryan and professional football player Alejandro "Big Al" Villanueva, as well as professional anglers and industry experts.
"Fishing is the second most popular outdoor activity among adults and by providing events and resources during National Fishing and Boating Week, we hope everyone from curious beginners to experienced anglers and boaters will feel inspired to get out on the water," says RBFF President and CEO, Frank Peterson. "It's already been a great year for fishing and boating, with big growth in participation among young people, and we want to keep that momentum going and reach our goal of 60 million anglers by 2021."
About the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF)
RBFF is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase participation in recreational angling and boating, thereby protecting and restoring the nation's aquatic resources. RBFF's recently announced 60-in-60 effort strives to attract 60 million anglers to the sport by the end of 2021. To help recruit, retain and reactivate participants, RBFF developed the award-winning Take Me Fishing™ and Vamos A Pescar™ campaigns creating awareness about boating, fishing and conservation, and educating people about the benefits of participation. These campaigns help boaters and anglers of all ages and experience levels learn, plan and equip for a day on the water. The campaign websites, TakeMeFishing.org, and VamosAPescar.org, feature how-to videos, information on how to get a fishing license and boat registration, and an interactive state-by-state map that allows visitors to find local boating and fishing spots.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/get-hooked-on-national-fishing-and-boating-week-300465288.html
SOURCE Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation