Get Rewarded for Getting Fit with New "Points for Progress" Program from FitStudio By Sears and Shop Your Way(SM) Hines Ward, Pro Football Analyst and Former All-Pro Football Player Teams with FitStudio, Encourages America to Join #FitIn14 Challenge
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears has announced the FitStudio.com "Points for Progress" program, a fitness rewards program that incentivizes members to incorporate movement into their daily lives to get and stay fit. By registering for FitStudio.com, connecting a fitness app or device, and tracking activity, members earn Shop Your Way points that can be redeemed for merchandise in stores and online at Sears and Kmart.
"To promote and reward healthy behaviors, we integrated our successful fitness community, FitStudio.com, with the popular Shop Your Way program to give our members the resources and incentives they need to get moving and stay fit," said Hugo Malan, senior vice president and president, fitness, sporting goods and toys at Sears Holdings. "We know this is the time of year that people put fitness first and as a leading fitness retailer, we are committed to helping our members lead happier and healthier lives."
FitStudio recognizes that making small changes like taking the stairs or parking further away from the door, can lead to big results, and members are rewarded for all types of activity. As part of the #FitIn14 challenge, members will earn $5 in points (5,000 points) for every 14 miles walked or run in 2014*.
FitStudio is a free online fitness community that features exercises, workouts, programs, and articles on fitness and nutrition. Customers can register for FitStudio.com for free and automatically become a Shop Your Way member. To join the "Points for Progress" program, members simply get active and start earning Shop Your Way points. Members can sync select fitness apps and devices** to track fitness activity on FitStudio.com, including FitBit, MyFitnessPal, MapMyRun, and Netpulse-enabled fitness equipment at more than 500 gyms across the U.S. and Canada.
"I have known a lot of people who are great at working out, but not so great at tracking their progress. We all know that fitness results aren't always immediately visible, and with this program, it is easy for people to set achievable goals and track their progress – all with the backing of the FitStudio community," said Hines Ward, pro football analyst and former all-pro football player. "Members can essentially track their progress with their wallet by earning Shop Your Way points just for being active – and that is something that will help keep them motivated to reach goals and acquire their desired results."
Earn Points for Being Active
Almost all activity on FitStudio.com earns members Shop Your Way points and, unlike other reward programs, there is no minimum required for members to redeem points. Members can redeem points on purchases at Sears or Kmart across countless product categories, including fitness gear and equipment. In addition to tracking fitness activity on FitStudio.com, members earn points by:
- Joining the #FitIn14 Challenge: Members earn $5 in points (5,000 points) for every 14 miles walked or run in 2014*. Sign up at fitstudio.com/fitin14.
- Getting social: Interact with other members in the community and share progress via social media.
- Competing: Sign up for challenges and compete with other members via a leaderboard to earn Shop Your Way points. Challenges are a perfect supplement for a regular workout routine, or an easy way to get a regular workout started.
Innovative Fitness Equipment Available at Sears
Technology increasingly motivates people to use a treadmill, elliptical or cycle to reach their fitness goals. Beyond basic cup holders and cooling fans, much equipment now features touchscreens and Internet browsing capabilities, enabling users to draw their own route with Google Maps™ as inclines and declines adjust automatically to any route or terrain in the world.
Fitness equipment featuring this advanced technology is available at Sears, including:
- NordicTrack Elite 7700 Treadmill: With a 15-inch HDTV and a web-enabled 7-inch color touchscreen, this treadmill allows users to stay fully connected while working out. It also has a 22-inch by 60-inch deck, giving the user more room to stride out. The Runners FlexTM cushioning allows the user to adjust the firmness of the walking/running surface to simulate the feel of running outside.
- NordicTrack Elite 10.7E Elliptical: Not only does this elliptical assemble in less than 15 minutes, it has 16 calorie and performance workout apps designed by a certified trainer. It is also compatible with mp4 players.
- NordicTrack 4.7 Recumbent Cycle: This cycle is designed for low-impact workouts and comes complete with 24 workout apps and 22 digital resistance levels. This cycle also has iFit technology built-in to allow users to customize training programs to meet specific goals.
- Bowflex® Xceed Home Gym: From legs and back, to arms and abs, this home gym gives users the ability to perform over 65 gym-quality exercises. This home gym comes complete with a lat tower, squat station, leg attachment, ab crunch attachment, adjustable pulley system, and 210-pounds of Power Rod® resistance to deliver results.
To spread the word about Points for Progress, @Sears and @FitStudio will host a "Get Fit in 2014" themed Twitter party on Jan. 7 from noon – 1 p.m. CT using the hashtag #FitIn14 with a chance to win prizes. In addition, @FitStudio hosts a weekly Twitter chat every Wed. at 7:30 p.m. CT.
For more information on the Points for Progress program and to become a FitStudio member, visit FitStudio.com. For the latest Sears fitness news, deals and tips, "Like" us on Facebook and "Follow" us on Twitter.
Shop Your Way is a free, instant, member-based shopping program and community that offers rewards, personalized deals, product reviews, member coupons and e-receipts for faster returns and exchanges. The program creates new convenience for shoppers by connecting all of the ways to shop – in store, at home, online and by phone. Members can browse, review, shop and purchase items, create custom wish lists to share with friends and family, seek advice from friends and their social network, enter daily sweepstakes, and access exclusive brands like Adam Levine and Nicki Minaj apparel and accessory collections. Download the free Shop Your Way mobile app available on iTunes or Google Play.
Before beginning an exercise program, always consult your doctor or qualified health practitioner and be sure to be tested for or report your current level of activity, any chest pains, joint problems, medical conditions (such as diabetes or pregnancy), breathlessness, dizziness, or heart conditions. If you experience any discomfort or pain during an exercise routine, immediately cease the activity and seek the assistance of a qualified physician or health care provider.
* Points expire 7 days from issuance. Restrictions apply. See Fitstudio.com for details. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms.
**Devices include FitBit and BodyMedia. Apps include Moves, MapMyRun, MyFitnessPal, RunKeeper, CarePass by Aetna. Gyms with NetPulse equipment include Life Fitness, Matrix, Woodway, Octane, TechnoGym, StarTrac, Cybex and True.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) is a leading integrated retailer with almost 2,500 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada and the home of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, with a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, the Kardashian Kollection, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as Sofia by Sofia Vergara and The Country Living Home Collection. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 14 million service and installation calls made annually, and have a long-established commitment to those who serve in the military through initiatives like the Heroes at Home program. We have been named the 2011 Mobile Retailer of the Year, Recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR® "Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Award" for Product Retailing and Energy Management and was named one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com. Twitter: @searsholdings || Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SHCCareers
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation