SACRAMENTO, Calif., Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- If life has gotten in the way of making plans for Valentine's Day – don't worry – Visit California has you covered, with nearly 90 getaways you can book now, whether your vision of romance is a candlelit dinner or a moonlit picnic.
No matter what kind of experience you're looking for, California has abundant and diverse ways to express what's in your heart. California has the perfect backdrop to make the right impression – from the dramatic deserts and wildly romantic coastlines to the majestic snow-capped mountains of the High Sierra.
Top 20 Featured Packages:
Save up to $150 at Camellia Inn (Sonoma County):
- "Un-Valentine's Day" girlfriends' package costs $309 ($100 savings) and includes: two bottles of wine, microwave popcorn and hot chocolate, spa amenities, chocolates and board games and one night's cottage accommodations for two to seven girlfriends.
- "Chocolate Covered Valentine's Getaway" starts at $950 ($150 savings) and includes three nights in a king room with fireplace and two-person whirlpool tub, romantic dinner for two with chocolate, chocolate afternoon treats, evening chocolate port, chocolate breakfast (other dishes available), and chocolate soap, plus a gift bottle of wine each night and chocolate and wine pairing adventure. www.camelliainn.com
Save 25% on Wild Jungle Love Tour Package with Safari West and Flamingo Resort:
- "Wild Jungle Love Tour" at Safari West wildlife preserve, featuring an open-aired safari vehicle ride led by animal experts who reveal wild-life courtship. The tour, which costs $90 per person, includes a chocolate and wine reception and takes place Feb. 11.
- Flamingo Resort and Spa is offering a $129 rate for accommodations in a Superior King room, which includes a complimentary pass to the on-site Montecito Heights Health Club and continental breakfast buffet. www.safariwest.com or www.flamingoresort.com/.
SAN FRANCISCO BAY
Save 30% with Pro- and Anti- Valentines Packages with Personality Hotels (San Francisco):
- Those planning an intimate escape with a lover or a weekend of fun with their gals will love Personality Hotels' spicy holiday packages at their Union Square properties -- Hotel Diva, Hotel Union Square and Kensington Park Hotel. Both packages start at $189 per night and are valid through April.
- "Sweet on You" package includes: candy bra, Dirty Heart candies, bottle of champagne, heart shaped box of Ghirardelli chocolate and a deluxe room upgrade.
- "Anti V.D." Package includes: two bottles of nail polish, bottle of rose from Envolve Winery ("The Bachelor's" winery), 30-percent discount off town car service and a box of Ghirardelli chocolates. www.personalityhotels.com.
Get $175 in Cool Extras at Silverado Resort and Spa (Napa Valley):
- "Create Your Own Romance Package" starts at $679 (based on double occupancy) and includes a night in a one-bedroom fireplace suite, a bottle of Napa Valley sparkling wine and breakfast for two.
- Couples can choose one of the following four romantic activities: three course-dinner for two, bottle of wine and a 50-minute couples massage or massage lesson; four-hour private limousine wine tour; balloon ride with cafe-style pre-flight snacks and post-landing brunch; or three-course dinner for two with wine, one dozen roses delivered to guestroom, and $150 resort credit. Available all February. www.silveradoresort.com
Save 20% on Magical Mammoth Mountain Ski and Snow Package (Mammoth Lakes):
- "Mammoth Valentine's Day Package" starts at $1,499 and includes two night's accommodations at The Village Lodge, couple's massage, a champagne sleigh ride, cross-country ski or snowshoe lessons, and lift tickets for two.
- In the evening, couples enjoy a champagne reception followed by a luxury snow cat ride high on Mammoth Mountain to Parallax at 9,600 feet where a delicious Chef's Table will be offered.
- The day ends with a hot drawn bath turndown with a choice of bath salts or oils each night. Romance package guests also will have access to their own personal mountain butler. Must book by Feb. 9 based on availability. Valid Feb. 10/11 or 17/18. www.mammothmountain.com
Save Up to 25% at Charming Bidwell House B&B (Chester):
- Enjoy a two-night weekend stay at just $189 per night all February.
- Package includes a bottle of chilled sparkling wine, romantic dinner in Chester's top- rated restaurant, famous three-course breakfast served in bed. www.bidwellhouse.com
Get Your Mojo Back and Save 15 Percent on a Renowned Sexpert-Inspired Package at the Citizen Hotel (Sacramento):
- Those looking for edgier romance can check out the "Roses Are Red, Violet Blue" package, starting at $269. Inspired by acclaimed sex journalist/author Violet Blue who stayed at the Citizen Hotel while finishing her latest book, Sweet Confessions, the package includes: one-night stay in the same deluxe guestroom which Violet Blue stayed, signed copy of Sweet Confessions, silk blindfold, bottle of Herradura Tequila served with citrus and salts, valet parking and more.
- Valid through Feb. 14 and subject to availability. http://www.jdvhotels.com/hotels/sacramento/citizen/specials
Save $100 at Inn at Morro Bay Coastal Hideaway (Morro Bay):
- "Valentine Anytime" package include a one-night stay in a deluxe guestroom with champagne and chocolates upon arrival, a dinner voucher for two, 25-minute couples massage, and breakfast for two, starting at $289 ($100 savings). Valid Feb. 10-18. See www.visitmorrobay.com for details.
Save 15% on Unique Monterey Bay Aquarium Romance Packages (Monterey):
- Enjoy 15 percent savings by booking the Monterey Bay Aquarium Romance packages with the Spindrift Inn (starting at $309) or Monterey Bay Inn ($349).
- Package includes overnight accommodations for two (Feb. 13 or 14), two tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium (romance themed tour on Feb. 14 only featuring how ocean creatures choose their mates) and champagne lunch for two at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Restaurant.
- To book the Spindrift, voted "Most Romantic Hotel in the U.S." in 2012 and 2011 by TripAdvisor, go to http://www.spindriftinn.com/special-pkg/monterey-vacation-package-deal-pkg.aspx. For the Monterey Bay Inn, which features ocean views and a rooftop hot tub, go to http://www.montereybayinn.com/special-pkg/vacations-monterey-pkg.aspx.
Get a Sweetheart 20% Deal at Hampton Inn & Suites (Madera):
- "Valentine's Special" starts at just $169 and includes one night in a Jacuzzi suite, box of chocolates, wine or non-alcoholic beverage, rose, breakfast to room, dinner at Cool Hand Luke's Steakhouse and Saloon ($40 value). Valid Feb 10-14. Call 559-661-0910.
Get a Fairytale Valentine's Day from $259 to $30,000 (Up to 30% savings) at Langham Huntington (Pasadena):
- "Ultimate Romance Package," which costs $30,000, lets someone make a once-in-a-lifetime impression on their loved one if money is no object. The highlight of this package is a custom-created diamond jewelry piece from Single Stone on Mission Street (valued at $20,000), but there are many other ways they can spoil their Valentine at this enchanting historic landmark.
- Also included: limousine transfer to and from the hotel, as well as an on-call limousine for use during the stay, bottle of champagne, five dozen roses, chocolate- covered strawberries, overnight accommodations in the Tournament of Roses suite, offering 360-degree views of the San Gabriel Mountains and valleys, early arrival and late checkout, 80-minute Chuan Balancing Couple's Massage at The Huntington Spa, private dinner for two in the Tournament of Roses Suite featuring a five course menu with wine pairings from The Royce, rose petal turndown and breakfast in bed. Valid February 2012 (subject to availability).
- If money is a bit tighter, Valentines can scale back and still splurge on their love with the "Grand Romance Package," which starts at $259 (30 percent savings) and includes romantic deluxe accommodations for one night, rose petal turndown, breakfast in bed and valet parking. Valid all February. www.pasadena.langhamhotels.com
Save $230 with a Girlfriend's Valentine Getaway at The Orlando (Los Angeles):
- The "Girlfriends' PJ Party Valentine's Getaway" starts at $1,450 ($230 savings) and lets ladies celebrate the relationships they know will stand the test of time. Includes one night's accommodation for up to four friends in a two-bedroom suite, four hand-crafted cocktails at The Churchill, four in-suite mani-pedis, 15 percent discount at L.A.'s Bedhead Pajamas store and four $50 gift certificates for classes at Hands on Third craft center. Valid on stays from February 1st through 28th Call 1-800.62.HOTEL or online at www.theorlando.com
Celebrate Month of Love with 10-20% Savings at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa (Temecula):
- "Love Above All" ($549) includes: overnight stay in a deluxe luxury villa, rose petals, chocolate-covered strawberries and sparkling wine, sunrise hot air balloon ride for two, bottle of wine, Mimosa breakfast for two, six tasting tickets to South Coast Winery Tasting Room and discount passport booklet.
- "Magical Love Ride Package" ($489) includes the same elements as the previous package but substitutes the balloon ride with a romantic sunset horse and carriage picnic ride. These and other romantic packages are valid throughout February. Reserve Today at 951-587-9463 ext. 1 or visit www.wineresort.com
Get Variety of Action-Packed Discounts at Big Bear Lake Resort Area (Big Bear Lake):
- For lovebirds who like a little action with their romance can experience the magical winter wonderland of Southern California's Big Bear Lake. Valentines literally can whisk their partner off their feet and fly through the trees with Action Zipline Tours (regular price $95 per person), or explore with Action Segways on an electrical two-wheeled chariot (regular price $85 per person)—both offering a $40 discount per couple Feb. 11-14 when mentioning "Get Some Action on Valentines" during booking.
- Or fly like lovebirds with Helicopter Big Bear for 20 minutes or longer (starting at $125 per person) Feb. 11-18 and get a lovely linen-lined picnic basket with champagne or Perrier sparkling water, a box of fine chocolate, a stuffed teddy bear, and a single rose ($35 value).
- Couples who opt to go skiing or snowboarding for the Valentine's Day holiday might consider Goldsmith's Boardshop for "Couples Rentals," rent one rental set, and get the second rental set of equal or lesser value for free, valid Feb. 10 – 15.
- Stay overnight at a variety of romantic lodging with discounted lift tickets starting as low as $69 per person per night ($25 discount). Get $100 a two-night stay in a lakefront suite at Windy Point Inn (Feb. 10-15) or 20 percent off at the extraordinary Castlewood Cottages, with historic themed cottages where couples "live" the experience wearing the costumes they receive to match their chosen cottage, such as "Robin & Marion's," "King Arthur's," or "Antony & Cleopatra." Valid Feb. 11 – 14. www.bigbear.com
See Why Laguna is for Lovers and Save $185 at the new Retreat in Laguna (Laguna Beach):
- "Laguna is for Lovers" package starts at $790 for three nights in a luxury villa just steps from the ocean, complete with flowers, champagne and in-villa massage. Good February and March. http://theretreatinlaguna.com/current-deals/
Mission Possible: Fantasy Getaway at Mission Inn Hotel & Spa with 15% Savings (Riverside):
- "Mission for Romance" lets beloveds stay at this spectacular castle-like national historic landmark, recently featured on ABC's Bachelor Pad 2.
- For $1,529 stay overnight in a "Fantasy Suite" complete with candles, rose petals, champagne and Casey's decadent cupcakes.
- The package includes: rare opportunity to have a private dining experience for two on the beautiful Alhambra Court at the top floor of the hotel, Romantique Couples massage at Kelly's Spa, dozen long-stemmed roses and choice of a docent-led tour to explore The Mission Inn or a keepsake Historic Mission Inn Coffee Table Book. Valid throughout February. www.missioninn.com
Marriage Has Its Benefits – Including Huge Savings – at El Cordova Hotel (Coronado):
- "Marriage Has Its Benefits" package, with suite rates starting at $160 per night.
- For every year of marriage, the hotel will match that number in percent off its nightly rate. For example, guests married for 20 years will receive 20 percent off any one-bedroom, two-bedroom or Casa Grande Suite. Couples who present their wedding photo at check-in will also receive a chocolate gift upon arrival. Suite rates start at $160 per night, plus tax, and must be booked by Feb. 29, 2012 for stays through May 25, 2012. This package may only be booked by calling 800-229-2032. For more information, visit www.elcordovahotel.com.
Save 20% on Heavenly Valentine's Package at Paradise Point Resort & Spa (San Diego):
- "The Island Intimacy (formerly Romance in Paradise)" package begins with a welcome glass of champagne as guests settle in to a 1,600-square-foot presidential suite located just steps from the sand and bay.
- The package includes a private "Chemistry in the Kitchen" four-course dinner, a sunset sail on a 22-foot Catalina sailboat with champagne, and a bonfire on the beach complete with s'mores and brandy delivered by a personal butler.
- For even more indulgence, the package also includes rose petal turndown service, side-by-side Balinese massages on the suite's secluded open-air patio and exclusive use of an executive golf cart for explorations of the 44-acre Vacation Island. Rates start at $4,199, plus tax, and are valid through March. To book, call (800) 344-2626.
Save 20% on an Unforgettable Date Night at Miramonte Resort & Spa (Indian Wells):
- "Date Night" package starts at $549 per couple and includes a two-night stay in a luxury room, dinner for two ($100 credit) at the award-winning Grove Artisan Kitchen, a 60-minute couple's massage and a Cupid-approved Weekender Kit amenity.
- Guests also receive a rose petal turndown and late check-out so they can linger just a little longer. Valid all of February. Use booking code P29DAY.
- Add a little color to the stay with the spa's signature "Pittura Festa" Painting party, where couples paint each other using a palette of colorful and nourishing mud's and clays followed by a Swiss shower and Maestro massages with chocolate scented oil ($340 per couple). Note: Feb. 10-19 there will be an "Amore Menu" featuring aphrodisiac cuisine for just $10 more per couple. Website: www.miramonteresort.com
Enjoy Rare Gourmet Dinner on the Greens at Rancho Las Palmas (Rancho Mirage):
- For those with a foodie or golfing Valentine, book the romantic "Starry Eyes + Starry Skies" package, which starts at $579 and includes overnight accommodations and a rare private dining experience on the 5th hole on the green. This dining experience is only available through this package!
- Plan a customized menu and wine pairings with Executive Chef Sean O'Connell and savor the meal as lovers gaze at the stars and views of the snow-capped San Jacinto Mountains. Valid Feb. 1-29. Call 866-423-1195 to book. www.rancholaspalmas.com
For more great ways to celebrate love in California go to www.visitcalifornia.com/vdaydeals.
About Visit California: Visit California is a non-profit organization with a mission to develop and maintain marketing programs – in partnership with the state's travel industry – that keep California top-of-mind as a premier travel destination. According to Visit California, travel and tourism expenditures total $95.1 billion annually in California, $17 billion of which is international; supports jobs for 873,000 Californians; and generates $6.1 billion in state and local tax revenues. For more information about Visit California and for a free California vacation packet, visit www.visitcalifornia.com.
SOURCE Visit California