Get the Picture! Macworld/iWorld 2013 to Showcase iPhone Photography at its Best Full slate of Tech Talks, products, galleries and first-of-its-kind iPhoneography workshop celebrate evolution, innovation and future of mobile photography
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo today announced a full agenda of digital photography education, presentations and exhibits aimed at informing, empowering and inspiring professionals and hobbyists alike at Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event. The lineup includes: a first-of-its kind, full-day iPhoneography special event where innovators in the art of iPhone-based photography will present a variety of professional techniques; Tech Talks diving in to the latest photography apps, advanced photo editing and touch up processes, and much more; an iPhoneography Lounge where attendees can meet the luminaries who will present and showcase photographs taken and refined using Apple and Apple-related technologies; and a show floor boasting new apps, software tools and accessories that are helping drive a revolution in mobile photography. Macworld/iWorld takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Early Bird registration with special pricing is now open.
"The iPhone—coupled with an explosion of related apps, tools and accessories—has redefined how photos are taken, created and shared. Not since the advent of photography has there been as much excitement about image-making," said Dan Marcolina, iPhoneography event organizer. "The iPhoneography event at Macworld/iWorld shines a light on the incredible innovation taking place by bringing together the technologies and key creatives that are pushing this rapidly growing art form to new heights. This will be the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date and a celebration of this new chapter in photographic history, the Mobile Movement."
Highlights of the photography events at Macworld/iWorld 2013 include:
iPhoneography: The Mobile Masters Sessions
This day-long special event—featuring more than 13 hours of content—will unveil and celebrate all aspects of the rapidly growing mobile photography art form and feature the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date. Attendees will learn shooting and app processing techniques from today's best iPhone artists, examine why iPhoneography is different from traditional photography, explore relevant emerging gadgets and services, and hear from top bloggers, authors and educators to get a complete perspective on what is happening now and what the possibilities are for the future. Check out the full agenda and speaker line up. Sessions include:
- "iPhoneography: Evolution or Revolution? Why the iPhone is the New Zeitgeist of Mobile Photography" with Jack Hollingsworth,an award-winning, 30-year career veteran in commercial photography currently working on a long list of iPhoneography projects
- "Street Photography - iPhoneography: from Shooting to Storytelling" with Richard Koci Hernandez, Emmy award-winning multimedia storyteller
- "The Fine Art of iPhoneography" with Karen Divine and Cindy Patrick
- "iPhone In Education - The Mobile Movement in Photography" with Richard Gray, who runs the world's first face-to-face course in iPhone photography at one of London's leading art colleges
- "Leading iPhoneography Authors: Personal Publishing Experiences and Favorite App Techniques" with Dan Marcolina and Stephanie Calabrese Roberts, two of the most recognized authors on iPhoneography
- "PS touch, Photoshop and Creative Cloud Integration with Monsters" with Julieanne Kost and Russell Brown of Adobe Systems
- "iPhone Blogs and Social Photo Networks Shaping the iPhoneography Story" with Glyn Evans and Marty Yawnick
- "iPhone Art Sharing Sites and the Trajectory of the New Mobile Movement" with Knox Bronson, founder of the only curated site for the global iphonic art movement, and Nate Park, co-founder of a leading online community for mobile artists
- "iPhoneography: Gear. Gadgets. Geekdom. - Accessorizing Your iPhone Camera for Captivating Capture" with Jack Hollingsworth
- "AppAlchemy" with Dan Marcolina
- A special "Meet and Greet Party" with Los Angeles and Bay Area-based mobile photography movement influencers, including Doc Pop, Jennifer Bracewell, Christian J. Sweet and many more.
Photography Tech Talks
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities with several focused on iPhone photography, including:
- "The Studio in Your Pocket," a workshop with Michael Koerbel and Anna Elizabeth James, iPhone filmmakers at Majek Pictures, will explore the latest video, photography and audio apps for both iPhone and iPad.
- "iPhoneography – Meet the Mobile Masters," a rapid-fire session with Koci Hernandez, Jack Hollingsworth, Russell Brown, Richard Gray and Karen Divine, will take place on the Main Stage and highlight what makes iPhoneography unique and why it is bending photography in a dramatic new direction. This diverse, experienced group of leading iPhoneographers will frame where the mobile photo movement is today and where it is headed in 2013 and beyond.
- "Mobile Portraits, Changing Lives: How to Use Your iPhone to Help Others" with celebrity photographer Jeremy Cowart will include iPhone Help-Portrait photography from Jeremy's portfolio on location in Haiti and Africa and examine easy ways to store photos on your iPhone for minimal equipment use, the best iPhone applications to elevate images and more.
- "The iPad for Photographers: Rate, Tag, Edit and Publish Photos from the Field" session with Jeff Carlson, senior editor at TidBITS and author of The iPad for Photographers, will teach attendees how to import photos from their camera and work with them on the iPad.
- "iPhone Photos - Don't Just Take Them, MAKE Them!" with fine art photographer Jonathan Marks, a fast-moving presentation with tips, tricks and tools that will reveal how the iPhone is not just an image taker, but a true image maker.
- "Creative iPhone Editing," a special talk with Michael Clawson of Big Fish Creations, will educate attendees on the latest and creates tools and apps for photo editing.
And Much More...iPhoneography Lounge, Instagram Challenge and Special eBook
The new iPhoneography Lounge, located in the Live Zone, offers attendees a special opportunity to explore iPhone photography in fun and interactive ways. Speakers from the Mobile Masters and Tech Talk sessions, along with talent and influencers from around the world, will be on hand to meet, answer questions, share their work and even provide attendees with feedback and advice on their own photos and ideas. The Lounge also will feature demonstration booths showcasing new iPhone photography apps and gadgets and a dynamic wall of iPads that will bring mobile photography to life with image portfolios from speakers, influencers and up-and-coming iPhoneographers.
Attendees also have the opportunity to be part of the action by submitting their own images to Instagram using the hastag #mobilemasters for a chance to have them streamed on the iPad wall. The best images from the Instagram challenge will be included in an exclusive Macworld/iWorld Mobile Masters iPad eBook, slated for release on iTunes during the event. The eBook will immerse readers in the artistic process with interactive, step-by-step examples and personal videos and portfolios from more than 50 influential Mobile Masters. This is a special way to bring the experience and knowledge from Macworld/iWorld home.
Expo Hall: A Showcase of Photography Products
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 expo hall will feature hundreds of exhibitors and developers—more than 40 percent of which are first-time exhibitors—showcasing the latest hardware, software, apps and accessories for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. Dozens of companies have products designed to enable, expand and empower mobile photography, including:
- iPro Lens—the company's iPro Lens System enhances the iPhone camera, allowing users to take professional-grade photos wherever they go.
- Kdan Mobile Software Ltd.—a mobile software development company, its product, Pocket Snapper, is a virtual studio for taking stunning pictures on the go.
- LensPen—a manufacturer of award-winning non-liquid screen and lens cleaning accessories.
- olloclip—a quick-connect lens solution for the iPhone 5 & 4/4S that includes a fisheye, wide-angle and macro lenses.
- Topaz Labs—a company that makes video and image enhancement software for photographers and videographers.
Many more events, performances, featured speakers, shopping opportunities and educational programming are still to be announced.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo