Getaroom Offers 13 Lucky Tips for Post-Holiday's 2013 Travel Destinations on Sale Include Las Vegas, NYC, San Francisco and Miami - How to Manage Flight Cancellations and Find the Best Possible Rate
MIAMI, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Getaroom.com, a leading online discount hotel stay company, released today a list of 13 expert travel tips for vacationers who waited until after the busy holiday season to plan their winter travel.
- New York is an absolute steal in January. Enjoy the Hotel Pennsylvania for as low as $79 a night.
- Finding the warm weather does not need to break the bank. The deluxe Avalon hotel in South Beach has studio suites from $119 a night.
- Plan your flight routing wisely, and try to avoid connecting cities such as Denver, Chicago, Detroit and Minneapolis which are frequently affected by winter snow and ice.
- Don't pay extra hotel fees for your children. Many hotels allow kids to stay for free (even up to age 19)
- The weather in San Francisco stays fairly constant, so book during the winter to enjoy off-season prices. The Cova hotel features free breakfast and a shuttle, all for less than $70.
- Flight canceled? Put that smartphone to use by quickly calling the airline instead of waiting in line in order to secure your place on the next available flight.
- Airport lounges offer a pleasant respite from hectic air travel. You can often gain club access through many credit cards, so be sure to check your card for this fantastic perk.
- Avoid paying bag fees which can approach the cost of your actual ticket. Southwest does not charge bag fees, even for oversized items.
- If winter travel means you hit the slopes, then consider Beaver Creek and the two-bedroom condos at the Avon Lodge from $179 a night.
- Visit the Big Easy on a budget. New Orleans events including Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest are coming up. Grab a room at the Bourbon Orleans in the French Quarter for only $129 a night.
- Las Vegas is very slow during January (except during big conventions) and ideal travelers that don't expect to lounge at the pool. Book four-star hotels for $70 or less.
- Alternate airports can help you avoid the crowds and perhaps save money on your ticket. Some to consider: Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach instead of Miami; Midway in Chicago instead of O'Hare; Long Beach instead of LAX and Oakland instead of San Francisco.
- Be prepared for canceled flights by always carrying-on a change of clothes, keep your cell phone charger with you, and sign up for text alerts from the airlines.
Traveling in the winter months after the holidays can be a great way to start a new year without blowing the entire 2013 travel budget. "Savvy travelers can find some substantial discounts on their hotel stays during the months of January and February and can also avoid the overwhelming holiday's crowds," said Bob Diener, President and Co-Founder of Getaroom.com. "Whether the destination involves snowboarding or lounging on a beach, Getaroom offers thousands of hotels at the lowest available price. Our unpublished rates give our customers discounts of typically 10-20% and up to 50 percent off other sites, so travelers have more money available for a nice night out on the town."
For more information about great winter deals, visit www.getaroom.com.
Getaroom.com provides travelers a state-of-the-art lodging website (www.getaroom.com) which offers travelers the lowest hotel rates on the Internet. Clients calling its toll-free call center at 800-HOTELS-8 (800-468-3578) can also receive the benefits of unpublished pricing, with hotel rates typically 10 to 20 percent less than published rates on its site and other internet sites and as much as 50 percent less. There is full disclosure about the property at time of booking including the hotel name and exact location. Getaroom.com offers accommodations at national chain and independent boutique properties in major destinations in the U.S. and Europe.