Getaroom.com Offers Tips on Getting the Most out of Travel this Holiday Getaroom.com's Agents Provide Personal Service Beyond Other Online Booking Sites - Flash Sales and Unpublished Rates Allow Travelers to Save up to 60 Percent
MIAMI, Nov. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Getaroom.com, a leading online discount hotel stay company, offers tips for travelers looking to squeeze every dollar out of their travel budget this holiday season.
Robert B. Diener, President and Co-Founder of Getaroom.com, shares extensive industry experience for travelers who want to get the best deal on hotel stays, flights, and car rentals:
- Consider all of the related fees to see the real cost of flights or hotel stays. Airlines fees for baggage or changing flights can vary substantially between carriers. Consider parking fees, resort fees, internet usage fees and other fees when comparing hotels. Be sure to evaluate all of the extra costs and fees when making your travel decisions.
- Some airlines such as Southwest don't charge baggage fees or fees for changing your travel plans. Many OTAs don't include Southwest, so be sure to visit their site at Southwest.com to compare fares if you don't see their fares on your favorite OTA site. Look for hotels that have freebies. Free breakfast, free internet usage, free gym use and more can add up to a lot of savings.
- Earn miles and avoid fees through an airline-branded credit card. Many airlines will waive baggage fees and offer perks for cardholders which can more than cover the cost of the card's annual fee.
- Procrastination does not pay when booking travel. The very best rates at Getaroom.com are for bookings done at least 21 days in advance of your travel date.
- Skip car rental insurance as it is very likely you are covered by your current auto policy or credit card. There is no need to pay an extra $15 to $25 per day on unneeded insurance. You can always do a five-minute call to your insurance agent or credit card firm to confirm.
- Top destinations such as Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington D.C. are substantially cheaper during the holidays.
- If shopping in New York, consider the third week in December when hotel rates are much lower than the first two weeks.
- Consider a trip to Las Vegas where first class hotel rooms on the Strip can be snagged from $39 a night. The best deals are for stays Sunday- Thursday.
- Love the points Be sure to rack them up by joining the airline, hotel and car rental company frequent user programs. They are free and often get you additional benefits.
Consumers looking to travel during the holidays and any time of the year can find better rates and a much higher level of service utilizing Getaroom.com and its friendly customer service representatives. The staff at Getaroom.com has access to unpublished rates on hotel stays, giving travelers discounts of typically 10 to 20 percent off compared to other travel booking sites and often much more. The company also features limited-time flash sales, which run for 24 hours or less and offer discounts of up to 60 percent off hotel rates.
"Travelers are often frustrated by the lack of service from the typical online booking site." said Mr. Diener. "Our 100% US based expert call center agents not only have access to our unpublished rates, but they can also give advice on ideal times to travel and seasonal price fluctuations for popular destinations. We understand that travel costs are a significant piece of any family's budget, so we work hard to help them save money with our personal service."
For more information about Getaroom.com's unpublished rates or daily flash sales, visit www.getaroom.com.
Getaroom.com provides travelers a state-of-the-art lodging website (www.getaroom.com) which offers travelers the lowest hotel rates on the Internet. Clients calling its toll-free call center at 800-HOTELS-8 (800-468-3578) can also receive the benefits of unpublished pricing, with hotel rates typically 10 to 20 percent less than published rates on its site and other internet sites and as much as 50 percent less. There is full disclosure about the property at time of booking including the hotel name and exact location. Getaroom.com offers accommodations at national chain and independent boutique properties in major destinations in the U.S. and Europe.