MIAMI, Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Getaroom.com, a leading online discount hotel stay company, released today ten tips for travel during the fall months. Known as "shoulder season," the fall can be an enticing time to travel, with fewer crowds, less heat, and more savings. It can be especially attractive for destinations where there is less demand during the fall, such as Miami and Las Vegas.
- Enjoy Miami where hotels such as the Chesterfield in South Beach are as low as $89 a night with free Wi-Fi and free airport pickup
- Mid-week rates in Las Vegas are incredibly low in the Fall, especially in later November and early December. Book a five-star hotel for around $120 a night.
- Visit Vermont or New Hampshire for beautiful fall foliage and crisp temperatures
- Travel to Europe can be a great deal during the fall, with a strong dollar, weak European economies, and a lot of availability. Four-star hotels in London such as the Hyde Park Premier are available at a steep discount after the Olympics
- Disney World is a lot less crowded during the fall, with hotels in Orlando up to 60% peak pricing
- Want internet on your flight at a cheaper rate? Visit gogoair.com for a 15% savings.
- Getaroom offers an unpublished rate program that allows travelers to secure up to 20% off the lowest rate that can be found anywhere else
- Pack light to avoid baggage fees during your fall trip – you can always buy essential items while at your destination
- Cruises are often cheaper during the fall, especially for those travelers that aren't worried about getting a tan
- New York City is always a popular travel spot, so be sure to book early for the best prices. Getaroom.com features many ideal NYC hotels at special rates such as the Helmsley Park Lane.
"Travel during the fall is an ideal time to enjoy many fun destinations at a discount," said Robert B. Diener, President and Co-Founder of Getaroom.com. "During mid-week, many popular spots such as Las Vegas can be enjoyed without the hassles of stressed-out summer vacationers. We recommend Getaroom.com's unpublished rate program to secure great rates at the best fall vacation spots."
For more information about Getaroom.com's ideal bargains for the fall, visit www.getaroom.com.
Getaroom.com provides travelers a state-of-the-art lodging website (www.getaroom.com) which offers travelers the lowest hotel rates on the Internet. Clients calling its toll-free call center at 800-HOTELS-8 (800-468-3578) can also receive the benefits of unpublished pricing, with hotel rates typically 10 to 20 percent less than published rates on its site and other internet sites and as much as 50 percent less. There is full disclosure about the property at time of booking including the hotel name and exact location. Getaroom.com offers accommodations at national chain and independent boutique properties in major destinations in the U.S. and Europe.