DURHAM, N.C., Aug. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- GFI Software™ today announced the availability of GFI FaxMaker 2014. The latest version now supports machines running Windows® 7 and Windows 8/8.1 operating systems, an important development for businesses, especially those in regulated industries that rely on faxing. Businesses can run GFI FaxMaker on Windows 7 or 8 and continue to fax without requiring expensive server systems – and remain compliant. GFI FaxMaker seamlessly integrates with existing environments and has minimal impact on infrastructure, enabling users to easily send and receive faxes and text messages (SMS) on the devices they use every day, including their mobile phones.
GFI is one of the market's leading providers of fax solutions for businesses, with thousands of customers worldwide. New enhancements to GFI FaxMaker 2014 include:
- Support for Companies Migrating to Windows 7 & 8: The availability of GFI FaxMaker 2014 for Windows 7 and 8 operating systems is a major benefit to cost-conscious customers who cannot afford the expense of Microsoft server operating systems and licensing. It will also be especially attractive to customers in the legal and healthcare industries, two markets that continue to rely heavily on faxing.
- Texting Service: Through an integration with Message Media, GFI FaxMaker's users now have texting capability without any GSM requirement. Customers can send SMS via email, or automate text message delivery from their applications via GFI FaxMaker's APIs, available out of the box at no additional expense. Integrated text messaging is ideal for companies requiring high volume, high importance communication with their clients, business partners and staff.
- Support for Sangoma Communications Boards: The latest version of GFI FaxMaker 2014 supports a range of Sangoma analog and digital FXO boards via GFI FaxMaker Sangoma Connector modules, giving GFI FaxMaker customers a wider choice in the type of communication device they wish to use to send their fax communications.
- Fax Archive Viewer: Administrators can quickly view and retrieve old faxes sent or received by GFI FaxMaker.
- Secure Client: The new GFI FaxMaker Client gives users the option to securely send faxes to the fax server via https – enhancing security and further enabling compliance.
- Web Services API: For secure application integration, this enables companies to fully automate their workflow from within the applications they use daily.
Despite the availability of a wide variety of communications tools, faxing continues to be essential for consumer businesses, healthcare providers, law firms and financial services companies. The majority still rely on fax communications to meet security and compliance regulations, along with retaining the legal admissibility of documents sent electronically from point to point, as well as to track sales.
A survey conducted for GFI by Opinion Matters (Nov 2012) of more than 2000 employees at companies with 10 to 500 employees in the US and UK, found that:
- 85 percent of all office workers in the US and in the UK 74 percent, use paper, electronic or online faxing
- 72 percent of US office workers and 60 percent of UK office workers rely on traditional paper-based faxing
- About half of workers (US: 49 percent, UK: 50 percent) have read a fax intended for someone else while the paper document was sitting in the machine
"It is in the best interest of any business still relying on Windows XP to upgrade as soon as possible," said Sergio Galindo, General Manager, Infrastructure Business Unit, GFI Software. "Not only does GFI FaxMaker 2014 enable businesses to send and receive faxes anytime, anywhere, they can do so on the low cost Windows 7 or Windows 8 to assure the safety and security of their data without breaking the bank. This is especially true for businesses in regulated industries, like healthcare, finance and government."
Pricing and availability
GFI FaxMaker is available for $31 per user at the 100 user level with support for four fax lines as standard expandable to over 100 lines, with packages available for businesses of all sizes, from small firms to enterprise-scale organizations. GFI FaxMaker also has the option to send and receive faxes via subscription based online fax services, removing the need for fax boards, modems and phone lines for faxing. Each subscription comes with its own fax number, with additional numbers available for purchase as needed. Customers are billed on a monthly basis by credit card or can prepay fax pages, and can manage their subscriptions using GFI's online customer portal, where they can add or cancel subscriptions and access their transaction history.
A free, 30-day trial of GFI FaxMaker is available now. To learn more, visit http://www.gfi.com/products-and-solutions/email-and-messaging-solutions/gfi-faxmaker. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-243-4329.
GFI Software™ develops quality IT solutions for small to mid-sized businesses with generally up to 1,000 users. GFI® offers two main technology solutions: GFI MAX™, which enables managed service providers (MSPs) to deliver superior services to their customers; and GFI Cloud™, which empowers companies with their own internal IT teams to manage and maintain their networks via the cloud. Serving an expanding customer base of more than 200,000 companies, GFI's product line also includes collaboration, network security, anti-spam, patch management, faxing, mail archiving and web monitoring. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners throughout the world. The company has received numerous awards and industry accolades, and is a longtime Microsoft® Gold ISV Partner.
Copyright © 2014 GFI Software. All rights reserved. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. To the best of our knowledge, all details were correct at the time of publishing; this information is subject to change without notice.
For more information
Davies Murphy Group
Please email Amy Krigman at email@example.com
SOURCE GFI Software