NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Chesterfield Faring Ltd (CFL) will present the Ghana high speed rail project at the CG-LA Infrastructure conference in Washington, D.C. on March 11, 2016. Last year, the Ministry of Public Private Partnerships (Honorable Dr. Rashid Pelpuo) engaged CFL to undertake a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the feasibility and then construction of a high speed passenger railway connecting Accra and Kumasi, plus adjacent transit oriented developments (TODs). Three sites have been identified for terminals and TODs, two in Accra and one in Kumasi. The bid submissions from contractors to build the Railways and TODs will commence in early June 2016. All funding will be arranged from the private capital markets and the projects will be self-funded.
An Advisory Board was formed to provide advice for the RFP undertaking as follows:
- Dr. Katsuhiko Takahashi: Urban town planner of Abu Dubai and master developer.
- Brad Perkins: Chairman and one of the two founders of Perkins Eastman, a global urban planning and architectural firm with over 900 personnel.
- Robert Koen: Partner at Mayer Brown, a legal association with deep legal experience in the African Nation States.
- Peter Linneman: CEO of Linneman Associates, he is a former real estate finance professor of the prestigious Wharton School and author of several textbooks and numerous articles.
- David Tendler: Former Chairman and CEO of Phibro-Salomon Inc (Salomon Brothers).
- Blair Ashner: Former Senior VP of Finance for Equity International Properties, Inc, a Sam Zell company investing in global real estate companies.
- Uri Shusterman: Former Chief Economics & Budget Officer of the Israel Railways Corporation.
- Michael D. Lappin: Former CEO of Community Preservation Corporation that financed developed, and constructed over 147,000 affordable rental units in New York City area.
- Michael Kramer: Land use specialist, development consultant, and public advocate mediating public-private partnerships in NYC.
- Jeff Finn: Former CEO of NAI Global, the largest global managed network of real estate professionals and now runs a real estate technology firm.
- Dr. Johanna Daily: Associate Professor of Medicine and Microbiology and Immunology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and research bio-technologist specializing in Malaria research.
- Robert "Mike" Vaughn: Retired US Pilot and currently operating technology systems company (VATC) for physical infrastructure security.
The Catalyst Group Africa is the local contact in Ghana, Earl N. Caldwell II (Tel.233-055-4426821). Kevin A. Copeland (email@example.com) is the US-based contact. For further information regarding the contractor bid list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Chesterfield Faring Ltd