Giant Food Alerts Customers To Voluntary Recall Of Arrowhead Mills And MaraNatha Almond Butters And Peanut Butters
LANDOVER, Md., Aug. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Following a recall by nSpired Natural Foods, Inc., Giant Food announced it removed from sale MaraNatha Almond Butters and Peanut Butters due to potential Salmonella contamination.
The following products are included in this recall:
- MaraNatha Organic No Stir Creamy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109235, with a use by date range of 04JAN15 thru 27JUN15
- MaraNatha Organic No Stir Crunchy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109236, with a use by date range of 05JAN15 thru 28JUN15
- MaraNatha No Stir Creamy Almond Butter, 12 oz., UPC 05165109368, with a use by date range of 12DEC14 thru 21JUL15
- MaraNatha No Stir Crunchy Almond Butter, 12 oz., UPC 05165109369, with a use by date range of 17DEC14 thru 20JUL15
- MaraNatha Roasted Creamy Almond Butter, 16 oz., UPC 05165106032, with a use by date range of 24DEC14 thru 17JUN15
- MaraNatha No Stir Creamy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109221, with a use by date range of 06JAN15 thru 20MAY15
- MaraNatha Organic Creamy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109232, with a use by date range of 03JAN15 thru 25JUN15
- MaraNatha Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109233, with a use by date range of 02JAN15 thru 15MAY15
- Arrowhead Mills Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter, 16 oz., UPC 07433347032, with a use by date range of 31DEC14 thru 14MAY15
- Arrowhead Mills Organic Creamy Peanut Butter, 16 oz., UPC 07433347052, with a use by date range of 31DEC14 thru 14MAY15
Giant has received no reports of illnesses to date. Consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses. Salmonella infections can be life-threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call nSpired Natural Foods Customer Care at 800-937-7008. In addition customers may call Giant Food Customer Service at 888-469-4426 for more information. Customers can also visit the Giant website at www.giantfood.com.
About Giant Food of Landover, Md.
Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 169 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 20,000 associates. Included within the 169 stores are 157 full-service pharmacies. Giant is owned by Ahold USA, Inc. For more information on Giant, visit www.giantfood.com.
SOURCE Giant Food