Giant Food Alerts Customers to Voluntary Recall of Hot Pockets Philly Steak & Cheese
LANDOVER, Md., Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Following notification by its supplier, Nestle USA, Giant Food, LLC announced it removed from sale Hot Pockets Philly Steak & Cheese as a result of the Rancho Feeding Corporation recall of meat products. The USDA announced a recall of Rancho Feeding Corporation meat products because they were produced without all required inspections.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese, 9 oz., UPC4369507107, Batch numbers:
- 3021544512 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3029544512 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3197544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3240544512 with a best before date of October 2014
- Hot Pocket Croissant Crust Philly Steak & Cheese, 9 oz., UPC 4369505634, Batch numbers:
- 3211544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3248544512 with a best before date of November 2014
- 3283544512 with a best before date of December 2014
- Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese, 54 oz., UPC 4369507520, Batch numbers:
- 3022544513 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3191544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3224544512 with a best before date of October 2014
- 3254544512 with a best before date of November 2014
- 3268544512 with a best before date of November 2014
Giant has received no reports of illnesses to date.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant Food for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Nestle USA Consumer Services at (800) 392-4057. In addition customers may call Giant Customer Service at (888) 469-4426 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for more information. Customers can also visit the Giant Food website at http://www.giantfood.com.
About Giant Food of Landover, Md.
Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 170 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 20,000 associates. Included within the 170 stores are 156 full-service pharmacies. Giant is owned by Ahold USA, Inc. For more information on Giant, visit www.GiantFood.com.
SOURCE Giant Food