ATLANTA, Oct. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Everyone knows that when girlfriends get together, there's no stopping a party! And, starting this week, a new group of friends will make their debut in the wine section of Kroger supermarkets across the Southeast. Girlfriends Wine – featuring "Good Girl," "Wild Girl," "Classy Girl," "Romantic Girl," and "Party Girl" – offers an outstanding taste variety, personality and fun for every occasion.
Never to let a friend down, these ladies are ready to liven up the party at Kroger this month!
Kroger stores in Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina will sell the five flavors of Girlfriends Wine, affordably priced and specifically blended with female preferences in mind. Created by award-winning South African winemaker Val du Charron, the specially crafted Girlfriends products range from smooth to deep and everything in between.
The five-varietal Girlfriends Wine collection includes the original "Good Girl" and "Wild Girl" blends, which were introduced in the Midwest last fall as part of the brand's U.S. debut. This month, three new products have been added to the line-up: "Classy Girl," "Party Girl" and "Romantic Girl."
"The five 'Girls' of Girlfriends Wine are made with independent, fun-loving women in mind," said Val du Charron co-owner Craig Entwistle, who directs the winemaker's marketing efforts in the U.S. from his base on St. Simons Island, Ga. "Our market research led us to this development of easy-drinking wines. They exude fun character and deliver delicious tastes popular with female consumers."
A closer look at "the Girls" of Girlfriends Wine:
- Good Girl: The easy-drinking Sweet White Blend is a semisweet, non-vintage blend of Chenin Blanc and Muscat d'Alexandre whose fruity, floral taste includes hints of honeycomb and citrus.
- Wild Girl: The adventurous Sweet Red flavor is a racy blend of dark fruits and zing – a semisweet, non-vintage blend of Ruby Cabernet and Shiraz.
- Party Girl: A pink, refreshing, semisweet Rose laced with flavors of strawberries and cream, is designed to deliver an explosion of fun, laughter and perfume in a glass.
- Romantic Girl: A deep, crimson-red Cabernet Sauvignon that is best savored with chocolate, roses and candlelight.
- Classy Girl: A sophisticated, stylish Chardonnay with hints of vanilla that transitions seamlessly from daytime to nighttime for pleasure-seeking consumers.
Join us for fun personality quizzes, giveaways and sweepstakes on Facebook. It's always a good time when the Girlfriends are around.
More about Val du Charron
Located less than an hour from Cape Town and overlooking the Bovlei Valley, the Val du Charron Wine and Olive Estate lies at the foot of Bainskloof Mountain with great views of the majestic Hawequa Mountains nearby. The original farm was proclaimed in 1699, around the same time that French Huguenots settled in the area, bringing with them the art of wine making.
Along with its vineyards, olive groves and winery, the estate includes an eight-suite, bed-and-breakfast guesthouse; a swimming pool; walking and biking trails; a fishing basin; and elegant facilities for weddings and other private parties and functions.
The South African estate is now owned by South African brothers Craig and Stuart Entwistle and Stuart's wife Cathy. As only the fifth family to hold title, the Entwistles have been loyal to the estate's historical integrity. They have lovingly restored the historic farm while re-establishing its tradition of wine making. Stuart and Cathy Entwistle live at Val du Charron, where they handle day-to-day farm and guesthouse operations. Craig Entwistle manages Val du Charron's wine business from the U.S..
Val du Charron wines are imported by Amara Imports LLC, of Wyoming, Minn.
SOURCE Girlfriends Wine