Glad Products Company to Help Fight Pediatric Cancer With Cookies
Bake Sales and Celebrities Joan Cusack, Peter Facinelli and Jayma Mays Help Glad® Raise Dough
OAKLAND, Calif., Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- September marks the return to school for most kids. But for those battling pediatric cancer, this month holds other, greater challenges and significant meaning. In support of Pediatric Cancer Awareness month, the Glad Products Company has once again committed to help Cookies for Kids' Cancer™, a non-profit that raises money to support pediatric cancer research. Now through Dec. 31, 2010, Glad® will match bake sale funds raised by the charity, up to $200,000, and has enlisted popular celebrities to help spread the word and compete in an online bake sale benefiting the cause.
Pediatric cancer is the leading cause of death by disease for children in the United States, yet approximately half of the drugs used to treat children with cancer are at least 20 years old.(1) Cookies for Kids' Cancer™ is a non-profit organization that raises money for research for new and improved treatments for pediatric cancer through bake sales.
"We're thrilled to continue our partnership through our Glad to Give campaign," said Bob Hillman , brand manager for Glad®. "By doubling last year's match and enlisting new celebrities to get involved, we hope to inspire consumers to help us set another record year for fundraising."
Whether you have five minutes or five weeks, you can be a good cookie and help fund pediatric cancer research. Here are four ways to get involved:
- Host a Bake Sale – Now through Dec. 31, 2010, Glad® will match all funds raised through Cookies for Kids' Cancer™ bake sales, up to $200,000. Go to www.GladtoGive.com to learn how to register your bake sale.
- Support a Star – In November, Glad® is teaming with Hollywood's funny woman Joan Cusack , Peter Facinelli of The Twilight Saga, and Jayma Mays of the hit TV show "Glee." The trio will compete to raise the most money in a month-long charitable bake sale. Visit www.facebook.com/GladtoGive to join a celebrity team and learn more about the challenge.
- Purchase Glad® Products – Now through September 2011, consumers who purchase specially-marked Glad® products and enter a code from the package at www.GladtoGive.com will trigger a $1 donation from Glad® to Cookies for Kids' Cancer™, up to $200,000. This is in addition to Glad®'s $200,000 bake sale match this season.
- Buy Cookies – Don't have time to bake? In November, buy delicious cookies at www.CookiesForKidsCancer.org, and 100 percent of the net revenue will benefit the charity.
"We wanted to make supporting pediatric cancer research easy and something anyone anywhere could do," said Gretchen Witt , founder of Cookies for Kids' Cancer™ and mother of six-year-old Liam who has been battling cancer since he was two. "Pediatric cancer preys on the most innocent – children. And it's up to us to get involved because what's happening to one child is something that impacts us all. We can, and we are making a difference, one bake sale at a time. Ending the cycle of pain brought on by a pediatric cancer diagnosis begins with us."
The Glad Products Company
The Glad Products Company is wholly owned subsidiary of The Clorox Company. The Clorox Company is a leading manufacturer and marketer of consumer products with 8,300 employees and fiscal year 2009 revenues of $5.5 billion. Clorox markets some of consumers' most trusted and recognized brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products; Green Works® natural cleaning and laundry products; Armor All® and STP® auto-care products; Fresh Step® and Scoop Away® cat litter; Kingsford® charcoal; Hidden Valley® and K C Masterpiece® dressings and sauces; Brita® water-filtration systems; Glad® bags, wraps and containers; and Burt's Bees® natural personal care products. The company's products are manufactured in more than two dozen countries and sold in more than 100 countries. Clorox is committed to making a positive difference in the communities where its employees work and live. Founded in 1980, The Clorox Company Foundation has awarded cash grants totaling more than $77 million to nonprofit organizations, schools and colleges. In fiscal 2009 alone, the foundation awarded $3.6 million in cash grants, and Clorox made product donations valued at $7.8 million. For more information about Clorox, visit www.TheCloroxCompany.com.
Cookies for Kids' Cancer
Cookies for Kids' Cancer™ was founded by a mom inspired by her son's ongoing fight against cancer. Today pediatric cancer is the number one disease killer of children in the United States, due in large part to a lack of funding for research into new and improved therapies. Through the concept of local bake sales, Cookies for Kids' Cancer™ inspires individuals, organizations, and businesses to join in the fight against pediatric cancer by raising funds and awareness necessary to change the face of pediatric cancer and provide more families with the hope they deserve. For more information, visit www.cookiesforkidscancer.org.
(1) "Making Better Drugs for Children with Cancer" Institute of Medicine, http://www.iom.edu/CMS/28312/4935/26453.aspx, 18 Apr. 2005.
SOURCE Glad Products Company
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.