"Sidelite: the fastest-growing application market for polycarbonate glazing"
Sidelites are projected to constitute the largest application market for polycarbonate glazing by 2021. Other applications of polycarbonate include backlite, sunroof, and lighting. There are currently no restrictions on the use of polycarbonate in sidelites. Considering the current scenario, the use of polycarbonate sidelites in the automotive sector is bound to increase.
"Lighting: the largest application market for polycarbonate glazing in 2016"
Polycarbonate has replaced glass in automotive headlamp/tail lamp lens applications. Almost all vehicles manufactured today have headlamp/tail lamp lens made of polycarbonate, as it is lightweight and can be molded into the complex shapes and sizes featured in today's headlamps. As every vehicle produced has a pair of headlamps and tail lamps, lighting is estimated to be the largest application market for polycarbonate glazing.
"Asia-Oceania: the largest market for automotive polycarbonate glazing"
Asia-Oceania is estimated to be the largest and fastest-growing market for automotive polycarbonate glazing, closely followed by North America. North America has one of the highest technology adoption rates, with newer technologies being adopted rapidly in the region. However, Asia-Oceania is the largest producer of automobiles in the world, and given the region's low technology penetration rate, the Asia-Oceania automotive polycarbonate glazing market is expected to grow at a faster rate than that of the North American market.
The study also contains insights from various industry experts, ranging from industry associations to Tier-1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type - Tier-1 - 43 %, Tier-2 - 29%, OEM - 28%
- By Designation - C level - 48%, D level - 33%, Others - 19%
- By Region - North America - 34%, Europe - 30%, Asia-Oceania - 26%, RoW – 10%
Assuming a scenario where polycarbonate is allowed to be used in windscreen applications, advanced applications such as head-up displays and large windscreens would begin penetrating the market. Other advanced applications that are not dependent on market regulations, such as switchable glazing, hydrophobic glazing, and sun control glazing, are expected to slowly penetrate the market during the forecast period.
The following companies shave been profiled in the report.
- FREEGLASS GMBH & CO. KG
- COVESTRO AG (BAYER)
- IDEMITSU KOSAN CO., LTD.
- TEIJIN LTD.
- MITSUBISHI ENGINEERING-PLASTICS CORPORATION
- KRD SICHERHEITSTECHNIK GMBH
- CHI MEI CORPORATION
- TRINSEO S.A.
Reasons to buy this report:
In terms of insights provided, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis, including industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the automotive polycarbonate glazing market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights into the following points:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on automotive polycarbonate glazing offered by top players in the global market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the automotive polycarbonate glazing market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets; the report analyzes the markets for automotive polycarbonate glazing across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the global automotive polycarbonate glazing market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global automotive polycarbonate glazing market
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3893216/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/glazing-market-by-polycarbonate-material-application-advanced-application-on-highway--off-highway-vehicles-and-by-region---forecast-to-2021-300333024.html