BERLIN, ATHENS, BEIJING, SAN FRANCISCO, SÃO PAULO, SINGAPORE, TEL AVIV, Dec. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Glispa Global Group, a leading mobile ad tech company, is looking back on a resoundingly successful 2016. Already running mobile advertising campaigns in 187 countries, Glispa has onboarded more than 300 new advertisers this year, doubled its global staff, and embarked on a huge reinvestment in technology and data science resources. This will accelerate development on the demand and supply sides of the business, ensuring sustainable results for advertisers and publishers. In addition, the company completed three major acquisitions, launched two new products, opened two new offices and will achieve record profits in 2016.
Global, independent ad tech company
For Glispa, the past year has been about further establishing itself as a leader in the global, mobile ad tech space.
- From the beginning, Glispa has built all of its proprietary operational tech with an emphasis on its in-house campaign, analytics and optimization management tool. The past year saw a huge reinvestment in the company's custom BI-Knowledge System, which supports operational activities across all business units.
- In August VOLTU, the custom built, social influencer network launched. Developed in under three months, VOLTU is a natural diversification of Glispa's user acquisition division, the Glispa Performance Network, and connects global advertisers with social influencers who promote apps on a performance basis.
- Glispa invested in a new team of eight senior data science experts, in order to analyze the more than 1.5 billion user profiles in the Glispa Audience Platform, which fuels mobile solutions with relevant persona data.
- Glispa significantly invested in the supply-side of the business with two acquisitions this year: In March, SDK mediation company MoneyTap was acquired, which was integrated with Glispa's own newly-launched native monetization platform Ampiri to provide native monetization solutions to publishers. Ampiri is partnered with networks including Facebook Audience Network, Google's AdMob, Baidu and Imobi.
- Native programmatic exchange Avocarrot was acquired in September, which brought a big portfolio of apps to support Ampiri as an in-house supply source for the mediation platform. Both acquisitions demonstrate Glispa's determination to move aggressively into the native monetization business by combining a programmatic exchange with a mediation solution in one platform.
Glispa continues to focus and invest in core markets including the US, EU, China, India, Brazil, South Korea and Indonesia.
- After having recognized the potential in the Brazilian mobile market for a number of years, and being active there since 2008, Glispa acquired Brazilian mobile advertising leader MOBILS in May, taking a significant step towards achieving dominance of the Brazilian and LATAM markets.
- In June, Glispa opened a new office in Southeast Asia to add a local presence to its local expertise in high-growth, high-potential Indonesia, where the company has been active since 2013.
- The company doubled its total number of global employees to more than 250 during the year, around one-third of whom are part of the technology, product and data science teams.
"2016 has been a momentous and banner year for us. We invested heavily into advanced technologies - organically and inorganically and achieved record profitability," says Gary Lin, Founder and CEO of Glispa Global Group. "We now have a full end-to-end solution for mobile user acquisition and ad monetization. This, combined with our focused approach on native ads and emerging markets, means we are well-positioned to capture significant market-share and really accelerate scale."
This year, mobile ad spending overtook desktop for the first time, according to the IAB. Native advertising is booming: in the US, native ad spend increased by more than 50 percent. In addition, smartphone penetration in developing markets such as India and Brazil is improving, with year-on-year penetration growth rates averaging around 12 percent and 11 percent respectively. With mobile clearly leading the way worldwide, Glispa is expertly placed to take advantage of these global market conditions with a focus on ad tech and emerging markets.
Glispa looks forward to 2017 as another record year to continue its global diversification efforts. The company plans to further strengthen the key markets and scale its technological base, on the demand and supply sides, meeting clients' expectations to ensure Glispa Global Group continues on its growth path as a dominant, profitable player in global ad tech.
- Glispa Acquires Avocarrot Programmatic Native Advertising Exchange
- Glispa Launches VOLTU: A Social Influencer Network To Drive High Value User Acquisition, Brand Awareness and Engagement
- Glispa Acquires Brazilian Mobile Advertising Leader MOBILS to Bolster mCommerce and Native Ad Solutions in LATAM Markets
- Glispa Demonstrates Mobile Performance Marketing Leadership & Opens New Office in High-Growth Southeast Asia
- Glispa Broadens Ad Monetization Offerings, Introducing Ampiri, a New Mediation Platform for App Developers
About Glispa Global Group
Glispa Global Group is a mobile ad tech pioneer empowering clients to activate global audiences and move markets. Providing a full suite of technology-based services, Glispa partners with global advertisers, app developers and publishers, enabling them to reach their user acquisition and monetization goals.
The Glispa Performance Network helps advertisers drive mobile engagement to acquire high quality users, cost-effectively and at scale. As a natural extension of its user acquisition offering, VOLTU, the social influencer network, connects advertisers with thousands of influencers worldwide in order to drive app installs, brand awareness and lifetime value on a performance basis.
With Glispa's ad mediation platform, Ampiri, app developers gain full transparency and control over their entire mobile app inventory to maximize revenue potential, working with the largest global publishers and app developers. Avocarrot, the native programmatic supply-side platform (SSP) acquired by Glispa, will be fully integrated with Ampiri to seamlessly monetize app inventory via both programmatic and non-programmatic allocation in a single platform.
Headquartered in Berlin with offices in Beijing, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Athens, Singapore and São Paulo, Glispa employs a multinational team representing 45 nationalities speaking 32 languages. To get started with Glispa, connect with us:http://www.glispa.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/glispa-global-group-wraps-up-2016-showcasing-significant-investments-in-tech-and-reach-300373529.html
SOURCE Glispa Global Group