DUBLIN, August 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2hstf2/3d_scanning) has announced the addition of the "3D Scanning Market by Devices, Range, Solutions, Services - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
The global 3D scanning market is expected to grow from $2.06 billion in 2013 to $4.08 billion by 2018, at an estimated CAGR of 14.6% from 2013 to 2018.
APAC is estimated to project a large share of the overall 3D scanning market in 2013 at $538.5 million; and is expected to reach $1,087.3 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 15.1% from 2013 to 2018. Latin America is expected to grow at a CAGR of 23.2% from 2013 to 2018. The Latin American market will increase from $257.9 million in 2013 to $732.5 million by 2018.
3D scanning is a growing area of application amongst a wide range of 3D technologies. This technology is well suited for complex geometries that require a high degree of precision. This precision technology generates highly accurate and quick results, as it uses a laser beam for capturing digital information about the shape of any physical object. The technology is widely adopted in various industry verticals, such as architecture, healthcare, manufacturing, aerospace, forensic and power generation. With continuous advancements in the technology, the demand has risen for portable 3D scanners and other 3D scanning services.
This 3D scanning research report analyzes global adoption trends, evolving platforms and forces in this rapidly emerging market. The report also focuses on opportunity analysis, competitive landscape and estimates the market size with forecasts, across multiple verticals and regions. Major players in the market include Faro Technologies, Konica Minolta, Creaform, Surphaser, Autodesk, 3D Systems, 3D Digital Corp. and others.
Scope of the Report
- 3D Scanners: The market is segmented into: Optical scanners, Laser scanners, Structured-Light based scanners, and others.
- Range: The market is segmented into: Short range, Medium range and long Range scanners.
- Solutions: The market is classified on the basis of solutions into: Portable 3D scanners, Portable Coordinate Measuring Machine (PCMM) and others.
- Applications: The market is classified on the basis of applications: Quality Control, Computer Aided Inspection, Cultural Heritage and others.
- Services: The market is segmented on the basis of services into: Reverse Engineering, Quality Inspection, Rapid Prototyping, Face and Body scanning, others.
- Verticals: The market is segmented on the basis of verticals such as aerospace and defense, entertainment and media, medical and healthcare, architecture and engineering, oil and gas, energy, power and utilities, automotive and transportation, manufacturing and others.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 3D Scanning: Marketecosystem And Dynamics
4 3D Scanning: Market Size And Forecast By Devices
5 3D Scanning: Market Size And Forecast By Applications And Services
6 3D Scanning: Market Size And Forecast By Verticals
7 3D Scanning: Market Size And Forecast By Regions
8 3D Scanning: Market Analysis, Trends And Insights
9 3D Scanning: Competitive Landscape
10 Company Profiles
- Cognitens (Hexagon Metrology)
- D Digital
- D Systems
- Direct Dimensions
- Faro Technologies
- Konica Minolta
- Topcon Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2hstf2/3d_scanning
SOURCE Research and Markets