LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Acetic anhydride is a transparent, colorless liquid with a strong pungent smell very similar to acetic acid from which it is synthesized.
Acetic anhydride is an important reagent in organic synthesis of a number of chemicals. It is used in the manufacturing process of products ranging from cellulose acetate and aspirin to perfumes and wood preservatives. The global acetic anhydride market has grown at a CAGR of 7.0% during 2009-2016.
The report has segmented the global acetic anhydride market based on its end-use in various industries:
- The cellulose acetate flake manufacturing industry accounts for the majority of acetic anhydride consumption. Cellulose acetate flake is mainly used in the manufacturing of cigarette.
- This industry is followed by pharmaceuticals and TAED (Tetraacetylethylenediamine) manufacturing industry. In the pharmaceuticals industry, acetic anhydride is mainly used for manufacturing aspirin. Other applications of acetic anhydride include the manufacturing of polymers/resins, dyes, flavors, fragrances, etc.
The report has further segmented the global acetic anhydride market on the basis of its key regions:
- The report finds that North America currently represents the world's biggest producer of acetic anhydride accounting for more than a third of the total global production.
- North America was followed by China, Western Europe, North East Asia and South East Asia.
- On the basis of the import and export data analyzed by the report, Belgium represents the largest global importer of acetic anhydride followed by Germany, Netherlands, United States of America and France.
The report has also analyzed the key players which are currently operating in the global acetic anhydride market:
- BP Chemicals
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Jubilant Life Sciences
- PetroChina Ltd.
- Sasol Limited
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-acetic-anhydride-market-witnesses-growth-of-7-cagr-during-2009-to-2016-300458003.html