DETROIT, March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Stratview Research announces the launch of a new research report on Global Aerospace & Defense Battery Market by Aircraft Type (Narrow-Body Aircraft, Wide-Body Aircraft, Very Large Aircraft, Regional Aircraft, General Aviation, Helicopter, and Military Aircraft), by Battery Type (Nickel-Cadmium Battery, Lithium-Ion Battery, and Lead-Acid Battery), by Sales Channel (Direct Sales and Distributors), and by Region (NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW), Trend, Forecast, Competitive Analysis, and Growth Opportunity: 2017 - 2022.
This strategic report, from Stratview Research, studies the battery market in the global aerospace & defense industry over the period 2011 to 2022. The report provides detailed insights on the market dynamics to enable informed business decision making and growth strategy formulation based on the opportunities present in the market.
Battery Market in the Global Aerospace & Defense Industry: Highlights
As per Stratview Research, the global aerospace & defense battery market offers a healthy growth opportunity of 4.8% CAGR during the forecast period of 2017 to 2022 and reach an estimated $199.6 million in 2022. The author of the report stated that increasing production rates of major aircraft, such as B737, B787, A320, and A350XWB; expected entry of upcoming aircraft, such as MRJ and C919; growing aircraft fleet size and advancement in technology are the key growth drivers of the global aerospace & defense battery market.
The research's findings suggest that narrow-body aircraft is expected to remain the largest segment in the global aerospace & defense battery market during the forecast period driven by high production rates of major aircraft (B737 and A320 family); upcoming aircraft, such as C919 and MC-21; and growing fleet size. However, wide-body aircraft is projected to witness the highest growth in the same period, driven by increasing deliveries of B787 and A350XWB aircraft and upcoming aircraft, such as B777x and A330neo.
In terms of battery type, nickel-cadmium is projected to remain the largest battery type in the global aerospace & defense industry during the forecast period, whereas lithium-ion is likely to be the fastest growing battery type in the same period as all the major aircraft manufacturers have started opting for lithium-ion batteries in their next generation aircraft, such as B787, A350, and F35.
As per the study, North America is expected to remain the largest market for batteries in the aerospace & defense industry during the forecast period, the region being the manufacturing base of commercial, regional, business jets, and military aircraft. However, Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the highest rate over the next five years, driven by demand in China, India, and Japan.
The global battery market in the aerospace & defense industry is highly consolidated with the presence of less than a dozen players. Key manufacturers are Saft Groupe S.A., GS Yuasa Corporation, Concorde Aircraft Batteries, Securplane Technologies Inc., and EnerSys. New product development and long term contacts with customers are the key strategies adopted by the major players to gain a competitive edge in the market.
This report provides market intelligence in the most comprehensive way. The report structure has been kept such that it offers maximum business value. It provides critical insights on the market dynamics and will enable strategic decision making for the existing market players as well as those willing to enter the market. The following are the key features of the report:
- Market structure: Overview, industry life cycle analysis, supply chain analysis.
- Market environment analysis: Growth drivers and constraints, Porter's five forces analysis, SWOT analysis.
- Market trend and forecast analysis.
- Market segment trend and forecast.
- Competitive landscape and dynamics: Market share, product portfolio, product launches, etc.
- Attractive market segments and associated growth opportunities.
- Emerging trends.
- Strategic growth opportunities for the existing and new players.
- Key success factors.
This report studies battery market in the global aerospace & defense industry and has segmented the market in four ways, keeping in mind the interest of all the stakeholders across the value chain. The following are the four ways in which the market is segmented:
Global Aerospace & Defense Battery Market by Aircraft Type:
- Narrow Body Aircraft (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
- Wide Body Aircraft (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
- Very Large Aircraft (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
- Regional Aircraft (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
- General Aviation (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
- Helicopter (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
- Military Aircraft (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
Global Aerospace & Defense Battery Market by Battery Type:
- Nickel-Cadmium Battery (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
- Lead Acid Battery (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
- Lithium-Ion Battery (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
Global Aerospace & Defense Battery Market by Sales Channel Type:
- Direct Sales (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
- Distributors (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
Global Aerospace & Defense Battery Market by Region:
- North America (Country Analysis: The USA, Canada, and Mexico)
- Europe (Country Analysis: Germany, France, The UK, Russia, and Rest of the Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Country Analysis: China, Japan, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Rest of the world (Country Analysis: Brazil, Argentina, and Others)
Stratview Research has number of high value market reports in the global aerospace & defense industry. Please refer to the following link to browse through our reports:
Some of our other premium market reports in the aerospace & defense industry:
Global Aerospace & Defense Ducting Market by Aircraft Type, by Application, by Pressure Type, by Materials Type, and by Region, Trend, Forecast, Competitive Analysis, and Growth Opportunity: 2016 - 2021
- Global aerospace & defense ducting market was estimated at $1.7 Billion in 2015, and is likely to grow with a CAGR of 5.9% over the next five years to reach $2.5 Billion by 2021.
- Increasing revenue per passenger kilometer due to growing worldwide economy and passenger traffic, increasing commercial and regional aircraft deliveries, increasing share of wide body aircraft in aircraft deliveries, and increasing commercial aircraft fleet size are some of the major growth drivers of the aerospace & defense ducting market.
- The market is moderately consolidated with more than two dozen players active in the market and top five players capturing close to 52% of the market in 2015.
- Global aerospace galley trolley market was estimated at $220 Million in 2015, and is likely to grow with a CAGR of 5.6% over the next five years to reach $322 Million by 2021.
- Increasing commercial and regional aircraft deliveries, increasing wide body aircraft share in the total commercial aircraft deliveries, and growing commercial aircraft fleet size are some of the major growth drivers of the aerospace galley trolley market.
- The global aerospace galley trolley market is highly consolidated with top 5 players captured 83% of the market in 2015.
About Stratview Research
Stratview Research is a global market intelligence firm providing wide range of services including syndicated market reports, custom research and sourcing intelligence across industries, such as Advanced Materials, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive & Mass Transportation, Consumer Goods, Construction & Equipment, Electronics and Semiconductors, Energy & Utility, Healthcare & Life Sciences, and Oil & Gas.
We have a strong team of industry veterans and analysts with an extensive experience in executing custom research projects for mid-sized to Fortune 500 companies, in the areas of Market Assessment, Opportunity Screening, Competitive Intelligence, Due Diligence, Target Screening, Market Entry Strategy, Go to Market Strategy, and Voice of Customer studies.
Stratview Research is a trusted brand globally, providing high quality research and strategic insights that help companies worldwide in effective decision making.
For any enquiries, Contact:
Feel free to drop an enquiry with us in the below page and our team will get back to you very soon:
SOURCE Stratview Research