NEW YORK, June 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Highlights
· In 2016, the OEM Infotainment market size was estimated at USD24.2 billion, with shipments of about 32.1 million units and the average price of USD754.
· By 2020, the market size is expected to reach USD31 billion, the shipment about 38.3 million units, and the average price USD809.
· The main reason for the price increase lies in the adding of multiple features: ADAS (such as reversing video, 360 panorama) and enhanced communication functions (like Telematics system, especially 5G system);
· Mobile phones have begun to compete with In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI).
· With the popularity of the 4G network, the access speed of mobile phones to the network has been greatly accelerated.
· The growth rate of IVI is to slow down beyond all doubt.
· In 2016, Bosch and Aisin AW outperformed other companies.
· With a perfect layout in China, Bosch acts as a core supplier of SAIC GM, Shanghai Volkswagen and FAW-Volkswagen (except Audi) which are the top three carmakers in China; although the shipment growth rate was not high, the installation rate rose in 2016.
· Chinese Infotainment industry can be divided into two camps: foreign and Chinese ones.
· The foreign camp mainly includes Bosch, Continental Automotive, Xugang Electronics, Harman and Japanese vendors.
· Global automotive steering system market benefits enormously from a steady growth in auto sales with the demand increasing by 4.7% year on year to 93.86 million sets in 2016.
· According to the Technology Roadmap for Energy Saving and New Energy Vehicles issued by the Society of Automotive Engineers of China, energy-efficient vehicles are expected to hold a 50% market share by 2030.
In 2016, the automotive steering system industry at home and abroad was characterized by:
1. Steady growth in demand
Global automotive steering system market benefits enormously from a steady growth in auto sales with the demand increasing by 4.7% year on year to 93.86 million sets in 2016. China's demand reached 28.12 million sets in 2016, including 24.42 million sets of steering system for passenger cars, and is expected to total 38.05 million sets in 2021.
2. High market concentration and fierce competition
Global automotive steering system market is primarily occupied by multinational companies including JTEKT, BOSCH, TRW, NSK, Mando, and Nexteer. In 2016, JTEKT and BOSCH together seized more than one-third (35.4%) share of the whole market.
Meanwhile, foreign brand giants, by virtue of technical advantages of products and their capital relations with foreign brand carmakers, dominate the Chinese automotive steering system market. Local Chinese enterprises represented by CAAS and Zhejiang Shibao claim a relatively small market share. They are enhancing competitive strength by making more efforts to develop new products.
3. EPS: a mainstream one promoted by more popular NEVs
EPS has become a mainstream automotive steering system, capturing 54.7% of global demand for steering system in 2016. The assembly rate of EPS in China has also reached 53%.
According to the Technology Roadmap for Energy Saving and New Energy Vehicles issued by the Society of Automotive Engineers of China, energy-efficient vehicles are expected to hold a 50% market share by 2030. Driven by rapid growth of new energy vehicles, the sales and penetration of EPS as a standard configuration, hopefully, increase substantially.
The report focuses on the following:
Global and Chinese automotive steering system markets (status quo, market size, competitive landscape, supply relation, imports & exports, prospects, etc.);
Global and Chinese EPS markets (status quo, market size, competitive landscape, trends, summary & forecast, etc.);
Global and Chinese hydraulic steering system markets;
8 foreign and 13 domestic automotive steering system producers, including their operation, major customers, R&D investment, output & sales, etc.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04933730/Global-and-China-Automotive-Steering-System-Industry-Report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-and-china-automotive-steering-system-industry-is-expected-to-reach-3805-million-sets-in-2021-300474237.html