NEW YORK, May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Highlights
· The global antibody production market is expected to reach a value of USD 22.6 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.
· Many pharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies have begun to focus on the development of advanced antibodies for the treatment of chronic diseases such as cancer, rheumatic heart disease, and arthritis.
· Downstream processing was the largest revenue-grossing segment of the antibody production market in 2016.
· North America was the largest revenue-generating region of the market in the year 2016.
Increasing demand for therapeutic antibodies including monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies is a major factor that drives growth of the market during forecast period. Antibodies are the dominant biopharmaceuticals that specifically target the abnormal cells. Thus, many pharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies have begun to focus on the development of advanced antibodies for the treatment of chronic diseases such as cancer, rheumatic heart disease, and arthritis.
Patent expiry of several blockbuster monoclonal antibodies in the near future, is another major factor supporting the growth of the antibody production market. Several antibodies such as Avastin, Herceptin, and Mabthera are going to lose their patents in a few years. For instance, the patent of Herceptin (trastuzumab) expired in Europe in July 2014 and will expire in the U.S. in June 2019. Many companies such as Amgen Inc., Synthon, Biocon, and Pfizer Inc. are developing biosimilar for trastuzumab, which is expected to propel the demand for antibody production products.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Downstream processing was the largest revenue-grossing segment of the antibody production market in 2016. It is also expected to exhibit the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to large application of chromatography devices and resins in downstream processing
- The monoclonal antibody segment was leading in 2016, due to its higher demand in treatment of chronic diseases including cancer, blood disorders, and growth hormone deficiency
- The pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies segment dominated the overall market in terms of revenue in 2016, owing to the large production of therapeutic antibodies and high investment in R&D by companies for drug development
- North America was the largest revenue-generating region of the market in the year 2016. This region is expected to maintain its position during the forecast period because of the presence of several leading biopharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies in this region
- Asia Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing segment over the study period, due to rapidly booming biotechnology industry and comparatively less stringent regulations for biologics development in APAC region
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04838530/Antibody-Production-Market-By-Type-Polyclonal-Antibody-Monoclonal-Antibody-By-Process-Upstream-Processing-Downstream-Processing-Filtration-By-End-Use-And-Segment-Forecasts.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-antibody-production-market-is-likely-to-rise-to-226-billion-usd-by-2025-300449773.html