DUBLIN, March 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4z4gh8/augmented_reality) has announced the addition of the "Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Healthcare Industry (2013 - 2018): Surgical, Rehabilitation, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Simulation Applications Analysis" report to their offering.
The global market for augmented reality and virtual reality in the healthcare market is forecast to reach a value of $641m in 2018.
Augmented Reality (AR) is the augmentation of a real or physical world environment in a direct or indirect way using computer generated sensory input. Virtual Reality (VR) is the complete simulation of the physical environment virtually with immersion of the individual in a scenario varying - non, semi and fully immersive.
Augmented reality apps are being used in the healthcare industry for various applications like surgical pre-operation assessment, medical simulation, minimally invasive surgery and rehabilitation. These applications and use cases are well documented and commercialized. Similarly virtual reality is also being used in the healthcare industry for applications like fully immersive 3D simulation experience for doctors, nurses, as a diagnostics tool, in surgery, phobia treatments, PTSD,autism treatments and dentistry etc.
The report contains the most detailed and in-depth segmentation of the virtual and augmented reality market specifically in the healthcare industry.
- Hologic Inc
- Artificial LifeInc
- Aruba Networks
- CAE Healthcare
- Eon Reality
- Simulab Corp
- Simulaids Inc
- Laster Technologies
- Layar B.V
- Immersion Corp
- Oculus VR Inc
- Onstar LLC
- Total Immersion Inc
- Vuzix Corp
- WorldViz LLC
1. Global VR-AR Systems - Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Global VR-AR Systems - Market Landscape
4. Global VR-AR Systems - Market Forces
5. Global VR-AR in Healthcare Systems - Strategic Analysis
6. Global Virtual and Augmented Reality in Healthcare Market - Product Types Analysis
7. Global Virtual and Augmented Reality in Healthcare Market - End Use Verticals Analysis
8. Global Virtual and Augmented Reality in Healthcare Market - Geographic Analysis
9. Market Entropy
10. Investment Opportunities - Analysis by Target companies/customers, Capital Investments, ROI, Payback Period and Source of Funds.
11. Company Reports (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4z4gh8/augmented_reality
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets