DUBLIN, Apr 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Biometrics Technology Market Analysis By Application (Face, Hand Geometry, Voice, Signature, Iris, AFIS, Non-AFIS), By End-Use (Government, Banking, Finance, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, Defense, Security), By Region, Segment Forecast 2014-2025" report to their offering.
The global biometrics technology market is expected to reach USD 59.31 billion by 2025
The increasing demand for biometrics technology across various applications is expected to favor the market growth over the next nine years. Biometrics technology is used by several verticals in private, public, and commercial sectors to overcome security threats. This is expected to fuel the market demand over the forecast period.
The increasing use of biometrics technology in consumer electronics, to enhance customer experiences, is expected to drive the market over the coming years. Implementation of biometrics technology for e-commerce applications may enable secure transactions and provide new opportunities to the market. High initial investments may hinder the industry growth over the forecast period.
The biometrics technology is extensively used for e-passport programs and to counter illegal migrations. Government and defense services are further expected to witness high growth over the forecast period. Biometrics technology can be used in banking and finance to increase efficiency and prevent frauds enabling the industry to grow at a significant rate over the next nine years.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Transport/logistics emerged as a dominant end-use segment in 2015 and accounted for over 27% of the biometrics technology market in the same year
- Non-AFIS was estimated to be a considerable application segment in 2015 and accounted for over 38% of the overall industry revenue
- The Non-AFIS technology is used in various enterprises to enable authorized access, owing to its accuracy and efficiency. AFIS application is also expected to grow at a significant rate, owing to its use in fingerprint and palm identification for many civil applications
- North America was estimated to be the largest regional market in 2015 and is expected to grow at a considerable rate over the forecast period
- Biometrics technologies are used in various departments in the U.S., owing to their strict security standards. The Asia Pacific region is also expected to contribute, significantly, to the industry growth with the increasing use of the technology in countries such as India, China, and Indonesia
- The key market participants include NEC Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Precise Biometrics AB, 3M Cogent, FaceFirst, and Hitachi
Key Topics Covered:
1 Methodology and Scope
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Biometrics Technology - Industry Snapshot & Key Buying Criteria, 2014 - 2025
3 Biometrics Technology Industry Outlook
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.2 Market Size and Growth Prospects
3.3 Biometrics Technology - Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Biometrics Technology Market Dynamics
3.4.1 Market driver analysis
220.127.116.11 Rising security concerns
18.104.22.168 Favorable regulatory scenario
3.4.2 Market challenge analysis
22.214.171.124 Data security and privacy issues
126.96.36.199 High cost of technology
3.5 Penetration and Growth Prospect Mapping
3.6 Biometrics Technology - Porter's five forces analysis
3.7 Biometrics Technology - PESTEL analysis
4 Biometrics Technology End-use Outlook
4.1 Biometrics technology market share by end-use, 2015 & 2025
4.3 Banking & finance
4.4 Consumer electronics
4.7 Defense & security
5 Biometrics Technology Application Outlook
5.1 Biometrics technology market share by application, 2015 & 2025
5.3 Hand geometry
6 Biometrics Technology Regional Outlook
7 Competitive Landscape
- 3M Cogent
- Accu-Time Systems, Inc.
- BIO-key International, Inc.
- NEC Corporation
- Iris ID, Inc.
- FaceFirst, Inc.
- EyeVerify, Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/spvnst/biometrics
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-biometrics-technology-face-hand-geometry-voice-signature-iris-afis-non-afis-market-analysis-2014-2025---research-and-markets-300443552.html
SOURCE Research and Markets