Global Connected Home Market 2013-2018: Smart Appliances, DLNA & 3-Screen Strategy
NEW YORK, Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:Global Connected Home Market 2013-2018: Smart Appliances, DLNA & 3-Screen Strategy
In an increasingly saturated market place operators continually struggle to find new revenue streams. The connected home offers the potential for new revenue streams, as operators partnered with content providers and OEMs can capitalise on the unique opportunities offered by an emerging ecosystem of smart devices.
For operators the connected home can turn all households into high ARPU households. For content providers the connected home will provide a surge in demand for commercial content. Overall, the connected home's interoperability allows content and services to be delivered to ultimately more end-points, thus increasing revenue opportunities for both content and service providers.
While the connected home comes in various guises, our research shows that many consumers are already utilising many smart devices and services for low-level smart home functionality. Building on a foundation of consumer interest ecosystem members and new market entrants must act swiftly in order to stake a claim in a market which will be worth $101 billion in 2013.
What makes this report unique?
An array of primary and secondary sources has informed the findings of our report. These findings have been placed in global and regional context, highlighting market trends and strategic opportunities in each. The report identifies and examines key players in a market poised for substantial growth. Our forecasts are informed by the performance of parallel markets and leading vendors, Visiongain consulted widely with industry experts and full transcripts from an exclusive interview with DLNA and Broadcom Corporation are included in the report.
As such, our reports have a unique blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments, as well as identifying the technological issues. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and regional markets forecasts from 2013-2018 - all identifying strategic business opportunities.Why you should buy Global Connected Home Market 2013-2018: Smart Appliances, DLNA & 3-Screen Strategy • Get ahead with this comprehensive analysis of the connected homes market prospects
- The report comprises 131 pages
• Stay ahead by studying highly quantitative content that delivers solid conclusions benefiting your research and analysis
- 83 tables, charts, and graphs quantifying and forecasting the connected homes market
• Read an exclusive expert opinion interview from an industry specialist informing the analysis
- DLNA and Broadcom Corporation
• View global connected home revenue forecasts from 2013-2018 to keep your knowledge one step ahead of the competition
- The report provides an analytical overview with detailed sales projections and analysis of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints.
• Keep informed about the potential for each of the 4 connected home submarkets with revenue forecasts from 2013-2018
- Home Health Services
- Home Energy Management Services
- Media Equipment and Management Services
- Home Monitoring Control and Automation
• Learn about the opportunities in 5 connected home regions with revenue forecasts between 2013-2018
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific
• Receive supporting market forecasts between 2013-2018 which support our connected homes forecasts
- Mobile Data Traffic
- Smart TV
- DLNA Certified Devices
- Smart Meters
• Understand the competitive landscape with profiles of 5 leading connected home companies examining their positioning, products, services, focus, corporate strategies and outlook.
- Entropic Communications
• Discover the qualitative analysis informing the market forecasts
- SWOT analysis of competitive factors: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats revealing what drives and restrains the connected home market and the prospects for established companies and new market entrants.How the Global Connected Home Market 2013-2018: Smart Appliances, DLNA & 3-Screen Strategy report can benefit you Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the connected home market. You will discover revenue forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where revenue growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and keep one step ahead of the competition you must order now our report Global Connected Home Market 2013-2018: Smart Appliances, DLNA & 3-Screen Strategy
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary 1.1 Technology Convergence Essential for Connected Home Success1.2 Life Cycle Stage about to Enter Rapid Growth Phase1.3 The Value Proposition - Everyone to Benefit from the Connected Home1.4 Is the Connected Home an Inevitability?1.5 Benefits of This Report 1.6 Who is This Report For? 1.7 Methodology1.8 Global Connected Home Revenue Forecast Summary 2013-20181.9 Connected Home Submarket Revenue Forecast Summary 2013-2018 1.10 Regional Connected Home Revenue Forecast Summary 2013-2018
2. Introduction to the Connected Home Market
2.1 Connected Home Market Structure Overview
2.2 Connected Home Market Definition
2.3 Current Connected Home Market 2013
2.4 The Three Screen Strategy
2.5 The Evolution of Connected Homes
2.6 Why Operators Need the Connected Home
2.7 The Connected Home Infographic
3. Global Connected Home Forecasts 2013 - 2018 3.1 Global Total Revenues from Connected Homes Services and Devices 2013-20183.2 Global Connected Home Market Share Forecast by Submarket Type 2013-20183.3 Global Revenues from Connected Homes Health Services 2013-20183.4 Global Revenues from Connected Home Energy Management Services 2013-20183.5 Global Revenues from Connected Home Media Equipment and Media Management Services 2013-20183.6 Global Revenues from Connected Home Monitoring, Home Control and Home Automation 2013-20183.7 The Operators Place in the Connected Homes Value Chain3.8 Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast by Type 2013-20183.9 Forecasts of Device Sales for the 3 Screen Strategy 2013-20183.9.1 Global Smart TV S Sales Forecast 2013-20183.9.2 Global Tablet Sales Forecast 2013-20183.9.3 Global Smartphone Sales Forecast 2013-20183.10 Global Smart Meter Installation Forecast 2013-20183.11 Global DLNA Certified Device Shipment Forecast 2013-2018
4. Regional Connected Home Forecasts 2013-2018
4.1 European Connected Home Market 2013-2018
4.1.1 Securitas Alert Services France and Intamac Create new Connected Home Service
4.1.2 European Connected Home Revenues $29.3bn in 2013
4.2 North American Connected Home Market 2013-2018
4.2.1 Verizon's Connected Home Monitoring and Control System Offering
4.2.2 North American Connected Home Revenues 2013-2018
4.3 Latin American Connected Home Market 2013-2018
4.3.1 Is Motorola Positioned to Triumph in the Latin American Connected Home Market?
4.3.2 Latin American Connected Home Revenues to Grow at 30% CAGR
4.4 Asia Pacific Connected Home Market 2013-2018
4.4.1 Panasonic Utilise Cloud for Asia Pacific Connected Home Market
4.4.2 Asia Pacific Connected Home Revenues Forecast to Grow from 2013-2018
4.5 Middle East and African Connected Home Market 2013-2018
4.5.1 Is Dubai Leading in Connected Home Uptake?
4.5.2 Middle East and African Connected Home Revenues 2013-2018
4.6 Regional Connected Home Revenues as Market Share Summary 2013-2018
5. Leading Companies in the Connected Home Market5.1 The Operator - Verizon5.1.1 Verizon at Connections5.1.2 Operators Monetizing the Connected Home5.2 The OEM - Samsung5.2.1 Samsung's AllShare Play - Fostering the Connected Home 5.2.2 Samsung Leading in the Smart TV Space5.2.3 Analysis of Samsung's Smart TV Offering 5.2.4 Samsung Smart TV Forecasts 2013-20185.2.5 Samsung Smart Appliance Offerings5.2.6 How Samsung Monetizes the Smart Appliance 5.2.7 Samsung's LTE and 4G Strategies for the Connected Home 5.3 Home Networking - Cisco's Connected Home Offerings5.3.1 Cisco Personal Content Sharing5.3.2 Cisco Session Shifting5.3.3 Cisco's Whole Home DVR5.4 Microsoft's Connected Home Offerings5.4.1 Operating Systems - Microsoft and HomeOS5.4.2 Microsoft's SmartGlass - Linking Devices Together5.4.3 Analysis of Microsoft's SmartGlass - Using Software to sell Hardware5.5 Entropic Communications - Pure Play Connected Home Company5.6 Vodafone and IBM - Connected Home Alliances5.7 Panasonic - Smart Concepts in Energy Management5.7.1 Panasonic - Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town
6. Connected Home Standards, Regulations and Device Categories
6.1 Why Must the Connected Home Be Standardised?
6.2 Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)
6.3 Analysis of DLNA Members
6.4 Analysis of Internet Service Provider Involvement with the DLNA
6.5 DLNA Roadmap New Guidelines and Additional Devices
6.6 Enabling Technologies for the Connected Home
6.6.1 DLNA Architecture
6.6.2 Transparent Connectivity between Devices inside the Connected Home
6.6.3 Unified Approach for Device Discovery, Configuration and Control
6.6.4 Interoperable Media Formats and Streaming Protocols
6.6.5 Interoperable Media Management and Control
6.6.6 Compatible Quality of Service Mechanisms
6.6.7 Compatible Authentication and Authorization Mechanisms for Users and Devices
6.7 Key Technology Components for the Connected Home
6.7.1 Networking and Connectivity - IPv6 Concerns
6.7.2 Device and Service Discovery and Control
6.7.3 Media Format and Transport Model
6.8 Transfer Scenarios in the Connected Home
6.9 Media Management, Distribution and Control
7. Expert Opinion- Interview with DLNA and Broadcom Corporation 7.1 DLNA History - Development of Connected Home Ecosystem7.2 Can the Cloud be Leveraged for Connected Home Services? 7.3 What are the Opportunities for Mobile Network Operators?7.4 Do Competing Parties in the Connected Home Value Chain Need to Work Together?7.5 What is the The Future of Home Entertainment?7.6 What are the Critical Factors in Creating a Compelling User Experience?7.7 Connected Home Lifecycle Stage7.8 Key Regions for Connected Home Adoption 7.9 Connected Home Impact - Device Cannibalization? 7.10 The Tablet's Role in the Connected Home 7.11 Home Networking from Vendor and Service Provider Perspectives7.12 Connected Devices and the Importance of Operating Systems7.13 Service Provider Product Portfolios7.14 What are the Opportunities for App Developers?
8. SWOT Analysis of the Connected Homes Market 2013-2018
9. Conclusions 9.1 Connected Home Market Outlook 9.2 Recommendations for Ecosystem Members 9.3 What do Consumers Want from the Connected Home? 9.4 Recommendations for App Developer Entry to the Connected Homes Space9.5 Are Compelling Products the Key to Connected Home Uptake?9.6 Value Proposition for Consumers9.7 Value Proposition for Operators9.8 Value Proposition for OEMs9.9 Recommendations to Maintain and Extend the Value Proposition9.10 Global Connected Home Revenue Forecast Summary 2013-20189.11 Connected Home Submarket Revenue Forecast Summary 2013-2018 9.12 Regional Connected Home Revenue Forecast Summary 2013-2018
10. GlossaryList of Charts
Chart 3.1: Global Total Revenues from Connected Homes Services and Devices 2013-2018 ($ Billions, AGR %)Chart 3.3: Global Connected Home Market Share Forecast by Submarket Type 2013-2018 (%)Chart 3.5: Global Revenues from Connected Home Health Services 2013-2018 ($ Billions, AGR %)Chart 3.7: Global Revenues from Connected Home Energy Management Services 2013-2018 (Billion, AGR %)Chart 3.9: Global Revenues from Connected Home Media Equipment and Media Management Services 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %)Chart 3.11: Global Revenue Forecast from Connected Home Monitoring, Home Control and Home Automation 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %)Chart 3.13: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast by Type, 2012-2017 (Million Exabytes per month)Chart 3.15: Global Smart TV Sales Forecast 2013-2018 (Millions, AGR %)Chart 3.17: Global Tablet Sales Forecast 2013-2018 (Millions, AGR %)Chart 3.19: Global Smartphone Sales Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %)Chart 3.21: Global Smart Meter Installation Forecast 2013-2018 (Millions, AGR %)Chart 3.23: Global DLNA Certified Device Shipment Forecast 2013-2018 (Millions, AGR %)Chart 4.1: Regional Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions) Chart 4.3: European Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions AGR %)Chart 4.6: North American Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %)Chart 4.9: Latin American Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %)Chart 4.12: Asia Pacific Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %)Chart 4.14: Middle East and African Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %) Chart 4.16: Regional Connected Home Revenues as Market Share Summary 2013-2018 (%)Chart 5.2: North American Pay TV Customers with Access to TV Everywhere 2013 (%)Chart 5.3: Global Broadband Subscribers Use of TV and PC for Watching Internet Video Chart 5.4: Global Broadband Subscribers Use of MIDs and Tablets for Internet Videos (%)Chart 5.7: Global Samsung Smart TV Sales Forecast 2013-2018 (Millions, AGR %)Chart 6.6: Global Top 10 ISPs by Subscribers Q1 2013 (Millions)
List of Tables
Table 1.1: Global Connected Home Revenue Forecast Summary 2013, 2015, 2018 (Billions, CAGR %)
Table 1.2 Connected Home Submarket Revenue Forecasts Summary 2013, 2015, 2018 ($bn, CAGR %)
Table 1.3 Regional Connected Home Revenue Forecasts Summary 2013, 2015, 2018 ($bn, CAGR %)
Table 3.2: Global Total Revenues from Connected Homes Services and Devices 2013-2018 ($ Billions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 3.4: Global Connected Home Market Share Forecast by Submarket Type 2013-2018 (%)
Table 3.6: Global Revenues from Connected Home Health Services 2013-2018 ($ Billions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 3.8: Global Revenues from Connected Home Energy Management Services 2013-2018 (Billion, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 3.10: Global Revenues from Connected Home Media Equipment and Media Management Services 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 3.12: Global Revenue Forecast from Connected Home Monitoring, Home Control and Home Automation 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 3.14: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast by Type, 2013-2018 (Million exabytes/month)
Table 3.16: Global Smart TV Sales Forecast 2013-2018 (Millions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 3.18: Global Tablet Sales Forecast 2013-2018 (Millions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 3.20: Global Smartphone Sales Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 3.22: Global Smart Meter Installation Forecast 2013-2018 (Millions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 3.24: Global DLNA Certified Device Shipment Forecast 2013-2018 (Millions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 4.2: Regional Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 4.4: European Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 4.5: Verizon's Connected Home Offering (Entry Level, Second Level, Third Level)
Table 4.7: North American Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 4.8: Motorola Home Cable TV and Video Solutions
Table 4.10: Latin American Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 4.11: Panasonic Smart Home Appliance Offerings
Table 4.13: Asia Pacific Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 4.15: Middle East and African Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013-2018 (Billions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 4.17: Regional Connected Home Revenues as Market Share Summary 2013-2018 (%)
Table 5.1: Verizon Company Information (Revenue, HQ, Ticker, Contact, Website)
Table 5.5: Samsung Company Information (Revenue, HQ, Ticker, Contact, Website)
Table 5.6: Analysis of Samsung Smart TV Strategy and Offering
Table 5.9: Global Samsung Smart TV Sales Forecast 2013-2018 (Millions, AGR %, CAGR %)
Table 5.9: Global LTE Roll Out Schedule (Country, Operator, Launch Date)
Table 5.10: Cisco Company Information (Revenue, HQ, Ticker, Contact, Website)
Table 5.11: Cisco's Personal Content Sharing Product Portfolio
Table 5.12: Cisco's Session Shifting Product Portfolio
Table 5.13: Cisco's Whole Home DVR Product Portfolio
Table 5.14: Microsoft Company Information (Revenues, HQ, Ticker, Contact, Website)
Table 5.15: Entropic Communications Company Information (Revenue, HQ, Ticker, Contact, Website)
Table 5.16: Entropic Communications Product and Service Portfolio
Table 5.17: Vodafone Company Information (Revenue, HQ, Ticker, Contact, Website)
Table 5.18: IBM Company Information (Revenue, HQ, Ticker, Contact, Website)
Table 5.19: Panasonic Company Information (Revenues, HQ, Ticker, Contact, Website)
Table 5.20: Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town Services
Table 6.1: DLNA Home Network Device Categories
Table 6.2: Mobile Handheld Device Categories
Table 6.3: Home Infrastructure Device Categories
Table 6.4: DLNA Promoter Members
Table 6.5: DLNA Member Companies
Table 6.7: Global Top 10 ISPs by Subscribers Q1 2013 (Millions)
Table 6.8: DLNA Media formats for Home Devices
Table 6.9: DLNA Media formats for Mobile/Handheld Devices
Table 6.10: Media Server and Media Renderer Services
Table 8.1: Connected Home SWOT Analysis 2013-2018
Table 9.1: Key Home Technology Areas
Table 9.2: Consumer Needs for Connected Home Equipment
Table 9.3: Global Connected Home Revenue Forecast 2013, 2015, 2018 (Billions, CAGR %)
Table 9.4: Connected Home Submarket Forecasts Summary 2013, 2015, 2018 ($bn, CAGR %)
Table 9.5 Regional Connected Home Revenue Forecasts Summary 2013, 2015, 2018 ($bn, CAGR %)List of Figures
Figure 2.1: Global Connected Home Market Structure OverviewFigure 2.2: Three Screen Strategy InfographicFigure 2.3: The Connected Home Infographic 2013
Actions Microelectronics Co., Ltd
Actiontec Electronics Inc
Advanced Digital Broadcast SA
Airties Wireless Network
Alco Digital Devices Limited
Allegro Software Development Corporation
Allion Labs, Inc.
AllWinner Technology Co., Ltd.
Alpha Networks, Inc.
Alpha Systems, Inc.
Alpine Electronics, Inc.
Altec Lansing Australia PTY LTD
ARCELIK A.S. ELEKTRONIK ISLETMESI
Arkuda Digital LLC
Askey Computer Corp.
ASUSTek Computer Inc.
Bang & Olufsen
Baustem Information Technologies Co., Ltd.
British Broadcasting Corporation
British Sky Broadcasting Ltd.
C Spire Wireless
Cal-Comp Electronics & Communications Company Limited
Cameo Communications, Inc.
Carolina West Wireless
Casio Computer Co., Ltd.
Chariton Valley Comms
Compal Electronics Inc.
CSC Holdings, LLC
D&M Holdings Inc.
Delta Networks, INC.
Discretix Technologies Ltd.
D-Link Systems, Inc.
Dream Multimedia GmbH
Dwango Co. Ltd.
Eastech Electronics Inc.
EchoStar Technologies LLC
Elgato Systems GmbH
Energy Australia Ausgrid
Entropic Communications, Inc.
Espial Group Inc.
Etex Telephone Co-op
Foster Electric Company
Frontier Silicon, Ltd.
Funai Electric Co., Ltd.
Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd.
Good Mind Industries Co., Ltd.
Guangdong Hybroad Vision Electronic Technology Corporation
Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.
Hansong Technology Ltd.
Harman International Industries, Inc.
Heartland Data Co., Inc.
Hisense Electric Co., Ltd.
Humax Co., Ltd.
HYUNDAI Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
Imagination Technologies Ltd.
Intamac Systems Limited
I-O Data Device, Inc.
IT Access Co., Ltd.
Japan Cable Laboratories
JetHead Development, Inc.
JVC KENWOOD Corporation
KAONMEDIA Co., Ltd.
Korea Electronics Technology Institute
Lenovo Pte. Ltd.
LITE-ON IT Corporation
Loewe Opta GmbH
Marvell International Ltd.
Maspro Denkoh Corp.
Meizu Technology Co., Ltd
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Mitsumi Electric Co., Ltd.
Mobyland and CentreNet
Morega Systems Inc
MStar Semiconductor, Inc.
NAD Electronics International
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp.
Niveus Media, Inc.
Novatek Microelectronics Corp
Novatel Wireless, Inc.
O2 Secure Wireless
Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd.
Oregan Networks Ltd.
Panhandle Telephone Co-op
Pantech Co., Ltd.
Philips Consumer Lifestyle
Primax Electronics, Ltd.
Prime Electronics & Satellitics Inc.
Public Service Wireless
QNAP Systems, Inc. (Taiwan)
Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Renesas Electronics Corporation
Research In Motion
S and R Communications
S&O Electronics (Malaysia) SDN.BHD.
S&T Telephone Cooperative
Sao Paulo Military Police
Securitas Alert Services France
Seiko Epson Corporation
Semp Toshiba Amazonas SA
Sichuan Changhong Electric Co., Ltd.
Sigma Designs, Inc.
Sitecom Europe BV
SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation
Skyworth Multimedia (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
SMIT (HK) Limited
Sonaecom / Optimus
Sony Mobile Communications AB
Standard Microsystems Corp.
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd
Sunniwell Co., Ltd
Sunplus Technology Co., Ltd.
SureSoft Technologies, Inc.
T Mobile Slovensko
T Mobile USA
TechniSat Digital GmbH
Telecommunications Technology Association
Testronic Laboratories Belgium NV
Texas Energy Network
Time Warner Cable
Top Victory Investments Ltd.
Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Korea Corporation
TRENDnet China Telecom
Trident Microsystems (Far East) Ltd.
Valens Semiconductor Ltd.
Verizon Communications Inc
VIA Technologies, Inc.
Videon Central, Inc.
ViXS Systems, Inc.
Vodafone Group Services Ltd.
XXCAL Japan Inc.
Zhong Shan City Litai Electronic Industrial Co. Ltd.
ZyXEL Communications Corporation
Government Agencies and Other Organisations Mentioned in This ReportDepartment of Economic Development (DED)Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA)Peoples Telephone Co-opTelecoms Industry AssociationUPnP ForumTo order this report:Broadband Industry: Global Connected Home Market 2013-2018: Smart Appliances, DLNA & 3-Screen Strategy
Intl: +1 805-652-2626