NEW YORK, Nov. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Drill Collars Market 2015-2019
Covering: This industry research report segments the global drill collars market by raw material (standard steel drill collar and non-magnetic alloy drill collar), by design (spiral and slick), by application (offshore and onshore), and by geography (Americas, APAC, and EMEA). Leading vendors in this market are Halliburton, Hunting, National Oil well Varco, Schlumberger, Vallourec, Workstrings International, and Weatherford International.
Market outlook of the global drill collars market
Drill collars are an essential part of the drill string and are heavy, thick-walled steel collars with threaded connections at both ends. Technavio market research analysts estimate eminent factors, such as the increasing drilling activities across the world and rapidly increasing oil and gas demand, to positively influence market growth and result
in its modest CAGR of nearly 6% by 2019.
Geographically, the Americas are expected to lead the global market for drill collars during the forecast period. Rising demand for energy, growing need to maximize production from existing wells, and the redevelopment of maturing oil fields wells are some of the significant factors that accounts for this region's high market share of almost 63% by 2019.
Segmentation by raw materials and analysis of the drill collars market
- Standard steel drill collar
- Non-magnetic alloy drill collar
In this market research report, analysts estimate the standard steel drill collars segment to account for more than 66% of the total market share by 2019. Increasing offshore drilling activities and the high tensile and material strength of standard steel drill collars are expected to result in its high market share during the forecast period.
Design-based segmentation of the drill collars market
The slick drill collar segment is envisaged to be the largest market segment during the forecast period. This segment singlehandedly accounts for more than 62% of the total market share by 2019 and the widespread availability of oilfields that require relatively easy drilling operations is estimated to be the primary reason for the growth of this segment.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is highly fragmented due to the presence of numerous multinational and regional vendors. Growth and development of this market are dependent on factors like the efficiency of drill collars, increasing investment by market vendors, and advances in tools technology. Additionally, it has been observed that numerous vendors across the globe are now investing in R&D activities to improve the well drilling efficiency of drill collars.
Key vendors in this market are -
- National Oil well Varco
- Workstrings International
- Weatherford International
Other prominent vendors analyzed in this global market research are American Oilfield Tools, ACE, Aliron Tool Research, Challenger International, Command Energy Services, Downhole Oil Tools, Global Drilling Solutions, Superior Drillcollar, and Tasman Oil Tools.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the global drill collars market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global drill collars market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global drill collars market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global drill collars market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the EMEA, Americas, and APAC?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global drill collars market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Gas and Oil Drill Bits Industry - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Downhole Drilling Tools Market 2015-2019
- Global Offshore Drilling Market 2014-2018
- Drill Pipe Market in the Middle East 2015-2019
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03360065-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001