NEW YORK, October 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
New Market Research Report Added toMarketResearchReports.Biz Reports Database: eClinical Trial Solutions Market to 2018 - Growing Complexity of Clinical Trials and Increased Focus on Accuracy and Efficiency Drive Trial Sponsors to Adopt Novel Technologies
GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, eClinical Trial Solutions Market to 2018 Growing Complexity of Clinical Trials and Increased Focus on Accuracy and Efficiency Drive Trial Sponsors to Adopt Novel Technologies, which provides key data and analysis of the major factors affecting the market for eClinical trial solutions in the pharmaceuticals industry. The report also analyzes the opportunities and threats in the eClinical trial solutions market, and the key market drivers and barriers to the adoption of eClinical trial solutions in the industry.
To browse full TOC, Tables & Figures visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/131079
The report is based on proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
- Detailed market characterization, including market size and technology adoption, and forecasts until 2018.
- Data and analysis on the eClinical trial solutions market in the leading geographies of the world the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- Analysis and review of the key events and milestones that will impact the future of the global eClinical trial solutions market. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Insightful review of key industry drivers, restraints and challenges which are likely to impact the global eClinical trial solutions market in the long run.
- Case studies on cost cutting in clinical trials for clinical trial management systems, clinical supply chain management systems, clinical data management systems, intellectual voice response systems, e-diaries and standardization.
- The report also covers information on the leading market players and the competitive landscape.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the eClinical trial solutions market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the eClinical trial solutions market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with a potentially strong product portfolio, and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the eClinical trial solutions market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 5
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 eClinical Trial Solutions Market - Introduction 9
2.1 Introduction to eClinical Trial Solutions 9
2.1.1 Need for eClinical Trial Solutions 9
2.2 Technological Overview 10
3 eClinical Trial Solutions Market - Overview of eClinical Trials 11
3.1 Clinical Trial Planning 12
3.1.1 Clinical Trial Project Planning 12
3.1.2 Pain Points in Clinical Trial Project Planning 12
3.1.3 Clinical Trial Supply Chain Planning 13
3.1.4 Pain Points in Clinical Trial Supply Chain Management 13
3.1.5 Planning Issues 13
3.1.6 Manufacturing Issues 13
3.1.7 Distribution Issues 14
3.1.8 Visibility Issues 14
3.2 Clinical Data Capture 15
3.2.1 Pain Points in Data Capturing 15
3.2.2 Issues with Paper-Based Data Collection 15
3.2.3 Issues with Paper-Based Diaries 15
3.2.4 Issues with Paper-Based Data Management 16
3.3 Clinical Data Management 17
3.3.1 Pain Points in Clinical Data Management 17
3.4 Clinical Data Analysis and Reporting 17
3.4.1 Pain Points in Clinical Data Analysis and Reporting 17
3.5 Overview of eClinical Trial Solutions 18
3.5.1 Clinical Trial Management Systems (CTMS) 18
3.5.2 Benefits of Clinical Trial Management Systems 18
3.5.3 Electronic Data Capture (EDC) 21
3.5.4 Cost Saving Scenario in EDC 22
3.5.5 Cost Saving Scenario for Phase I and Phase II Trials 24
3.5.6 SaaS-based EDC 25
3.5.7 Electronic Patient Report Outcome System (ePRO) 25
3.5.8 Cost Saving Scenario with eDiaries 27
3.5.9 ePRO Adoption Rates 27
3.5.10 Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVRS) 28
3.5.11 Clinical Data Management Systems (CDMS) 29
3.5.12 Clinical Trial Supply Chain Management System 29
4 eClinical Trial Solutions Market - Market Characterization 31
4.1 Market Size and Forecasts for eClinical Trial Solutions 31
4.1.1 Clinical Trial Management System Market 31
4.1.2 Key Players in the CTMS Market 33
4.1.3 Electronic Data Capture Market 35
4.1.4 Key Players in the EDC Market 36
4.1.5 ePRO Market 38
4.1.6 Key Players in the ePRO Market 39
4.1.7 IVRS Market 40
4.1.8 Key Players in the IVRS Market 41
4.1.9 Emerging Trend of Virtual Clinical Trials 42
4.2 Market Drivers 42
4.2.1 Cutting Down Clinical Trial Costs is the Driving Motivation for the Adoption of eClinical Trial Solutions 42
4.2.2 Improved Data Standardization Increases Adoption of IT Solutions 43
4.2.3 Adaptive Clinical Trials are Preferred by Large Biopharmaceutical Companies 44
4.2.4 Increasing Phase III and Phase II Trials Escalates eClinical Solution Adoption 45
4.2.5 Expansion of Indication for the Existing Drugs is a New Market Opportunity 46
4.3 Market Challenges 46
4.3.1 The Traditional Approaching Activities of Pharmaceutical Companies Towards eClinical Trial Solutions 46
4.3.2 Lack of Standardization of Data Collection Methods Might Limit the Value of eClinical Trial Technologies 46
4.3.3 The Need for Improvisation of Solutions 47
4.4 Market Trends 48
4.4.1 Clinical Trial Spending is Increasing at a Faster Rate 48
4.4.2 R&D Spending is High in the US 49
4.4.3 Phase II Spending is Highest in the US and Europe 50
4.4.4 Market Potential for eClinical Solutions by Phases (US and Europe) is Largely from Phase III 51
4.4.5 Electronic Data Capture will Witness the Highest Investment for the Next Five Years 52
4.5 Adoption Trends 53
5 eClinical Trial Solutions Market - Technology Trends 57
5.1 Business Models 57
5.1.1 Outsourcing of Clinical Data Management 57
5.1.2 Individual Project Outsourcing Model 57
5.1.3 Full Time Equivalent Model 57
5.1.4 Functional Service Provider Model 57
5.1.5 The Need for Outsourcing 58
5.2 Recent Developments in CDISC Standards 62
5.2.1 SDTM 63
5.2.2 ADaM 63
5.2.3 ODM 63
5.2.4 LAB 63
5.2.5 CRT-DDS 63
5.2.6 Protocol standard 63
5.2.7 CDISC Sponsored Studies Save Time and Costs 64
6 eClinical Trial Solutions Market: Competetive Landscape 65
6.1 Competitive Benchmarking by Solution Offerings 65
7 eClinical Trial Solutions Market - Appendix 67
7.1 Market Definitions 67
7.2 Abbreviations 67
7.3 Bibliography 68
7.4 Research Methodology 68
7.4.1 Coverage 68
7.4.2 Secondary Research 69
7.4.3 Primary Research 69
7.4.4 Expert Panel Validation 70
7.5 Contact Us 70
7.6 Disclaimer 70
Browse Upcoming Market Research Reports - Pre Book
Marketresearchreports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. Marketresearchreports.biz services are especially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one-stop solution for all your research needs; our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of company spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: +1-866-997-4948