DUBLIN, December 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fbj94h/analysis_of_the) has announced the addition of the "Analysis of the Global Fibrinogen Market and Product Pipeline" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
The increased demand for fibrinogen and the development of innovative delivery systems such as sprays and patches are fuelling the growth of the fibrinogen market. This research service provides a detailed assessment of the global fibrinogen market, covering the current market scenario and growth prospects for the period 2015-2020. Both marketed and pipeline products are segmented based on their therapeutic uses, namely, deficiency therapy and operative care. An elaborate discussion on clinical trial timelines and results, along with historical and projected launch timelines, has been provided. The study also discusses key companies such as CSL Behring, LFB, Baxter Healthcare, Takeda, Grifols, and Octapharma.
The key promising candidates in the clinical development include the following:
- Haemocomplettan is a fibrinogen concentrate available as a powder for solution or as an infusion for intravenous administration. It is approved for fibrinogen deficiency. It is also being evaluated for cardiac surgery, in Phase 2/3, to address bleeding associated with coagulopathy bleeding.
- Fibrin Sealant (FS) Grifols is a fibrinogen and thrombin concentrate assembled on a syringe holder and applied topically on the bleeding site. It is in Phase 3 clinical trials as an adjunct to haemostasis during soft-tissue open surgeries and parenchymous-tissue open surgeries.
- Octafibrin is being developed by Octapharma. It is a plasma-derived, highly purified, lyophilized fibrinogen concentrate that has been double-virus safeguarded using two dedicated virus inactivation/removal steps. Octafibrin is evaluated for both congenital fibrinogen deficiency and as a surgical adjunct in operative care.
Other key pivotal products in development include FCH (CSL Behring) and HP802-247 (Healthpoint). In April 2015, the FDA approved Raplixa (Fibrocaps) developed by Profibrix (acquired by The Medicines Company) to control bleeding during surgery.
The forecast period is expected to witness the launch of key products such as FCH (CSL Behring), FS Grifols (Grifols), FIB (Grifols), Octafibrin (Octapharma), HP802-247 (Healthpoint), and BT-524 (Biotest).
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Executive Summary - Key Findings
- Key Trends
- Companies to Watch
2. Methodology and Scope
3. Market Background
- Market Overview - Introduction
- Market Overview - Blood Plasma Production
- Market Segmentation
- Blood Plasma Market Share
- Fibrinogen Production
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Supply Chain and Distribution Network
4. Competitive Landscape - Human Fibrinogen (Marketed and Pipeline Products)
5. Competitive Landscape - Marketed and Pipeline Products
6. Competitive Landscape Overview
7. Marketed Products - Deficiency and Other Therapies
8. Pipeline Products - Deficiency and Other Therapies
9. Marketed Products - Operative Care
10. Pipeline Products - Operative Care
11. Pivotal Phase 3 Trials
- Fibrinogen Market - Major On-going/Recently Completed Clinical Trials
- Summary of Key Products to Watch
- Timeline of Key Events - Launch of Products
12. Product Dashboard (Key Marketed and Phase 3 Products)
- Haemocomplettan/RiaSTAP (CSL Behring)
-- Clottafact (LFB)
-- Octafibrin (Octapharma)
- Artiss (Baxter Healthcare)
- Evarrest (Ethicon)
- Raplixa (The Medicines Company)
- FS Grifols (Grifols)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fbj94h/analysis_of_the
Research and Markets:
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
SOURCE Research and Markets