The global flavonoids market is expected to reach USD 1.06 billion by 2025
Changing consumer lifestyles and rising demand for beauty & health supplements are expected to propel flavonoids consumption over the forecast period.
Developed countries such as Denmark, France, Australia, Belgium, Norway, and the U.S. are characterized by high cancer prevalence. Application of flavonoid as an anti-cancer drug is expected to be the major factor driving growth in these countries, over the forecast period.
Rising demand for convenience food products has increased utilization of flavonoids in functional food. Moreover, smoothing and antioxidant properties allow it to be used in the cosmetics industry for skin care applications. These are also being used to develop drugs for the treatment of various other diseases including diabetes and cardiovascular problems, prevailing worldwide, further increasing demand.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Anthocyanins were the most commonly consumed flavonoids in 2015 with a market share of over 40% in 2015. Growing demand from the nutraceuticals and functional food segment is expected to drive this market over the forecast period.
- The functional beverages segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 12% from 2016 to 2025, in terms of revenue. Antioxidant properties of this product are now being introduced in non-alcoholic beverages including soft drinks, nutraceutical drinks, and energy drinks, propelling demand in this application.
- The flavonoids market in functional foods was valued over USD 130 million in 2015 on account of anti-diabetic and anti-carcinogenic properties which are expected to increase their consumption in nutraceutical and functional food products.
- North America demand is expected to rise on account of rapid economic development with the U.S. and Canada being major nutraceutical markets in this region, triggering growth over the forecast period.
- The market in Central & South America is projected to grow at the second highest CAGR of over 9% from 2016 to 2025, driven by growing demand from emerging economies such as Brazil and Argentina.
- In January 2016, Cayman Chemical Company, one of the leading manufacturers of this product, acquired Biomol GmbH, a Germany-based distributor of research reagent chemicals. This acquisition helped the company strengthen its position in Europe.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Methodology & Scope
2. Executive Summary
3. Flavonoids Industry Outlook
4. Flavonoids Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
5. Flavonoids Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
6. Flavonoids Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
7. Competitive Landscape
8. Company Profiles
- Cayman Chemical Company
- Quercegen Pharmaceuticals
- Foodchem International Corporation
- INDOFINE Chemical Company, Inc.
- Toroma organics Ltd
- Pharmachem Laboratories Inc.
- Organic Herb Inc.
- Indena S.p.A
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dx79dt/flavonoids_market
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-flavonoids-market-size--trend-analysis-2014-2025-market-is-expected-to-reach-usd-106-billion---research-and-markets-300391786.html
SOURCE Research and Markets