LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Gelatin is an animal protein which is obtained from the collagen found in the bones, connective tissue, and skin of pigs, cattle and other animals.
The use of gelatin has advanced manifolds since its primary application as a biological adhesive in ancient times. Due to gelatin's numerous physical, chemical and functional properties such as crystallization control, water binding, film forming, thickening and emulsifying properties, it finds diversified uses in a number of industries such as food, pharmaceutical, neutraceutical, photographic, cosmetic and packaging industries. Besides these, gelatin also finds its applications in combating osteoporosis and arthritis.
Here are some key Findings of the study:
· The global gelatin market is currently being driven by an increasing demand for functional and convenience foods, growth in end-user industries, rising health awareness and growth in emerging markets.
· Owing to these factors, this market has grown at a CAGR of around 3% during 2009 - 2016.
The report has segmented the global gelatin market on the basis of end-use industries:
· The food and beverage sector currently represents the largest end-use sector followed by neutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals, photography and cosmetics.
· In the food and beverage sector, gelatin is widely used in bakeries and confectionaries, wine fining, meat products, etc.
· In the neutraceuticals sector, it is used in nutritional bars and protein drinks.
· In the pharmaceutical sector, it is used in making hard and soft capsules, stabilizers for oil emulsions, glycerinated gelatin for suppositories, etc.
· In the photography sector, gelatin is used in paper coating and as a component in silver halide emulsion coatings.
The report has provided the market analysis based on key regions:
· Europe currently represents the biggest producer of gelatin followed by North America, Asia and South America.
· Based on the global import and export data, the report finds that the United States is currently the largest importer of Gelatin and its derivatives followed by Germany, Japan, United Kingdom and Canada.
· On the other hand, Brazil is the world's largest exporter of Gelatin and its derivatives. Other major exporters include Germany, France, United States and Belgium.
The report has analyzed the key players operating in the global gelatin market:
· At present, there are around 25-30 manufacturers of gelatin across the world, out of which, Gelita AG (Formerly DGF Stoess), Rousselot SAS, PB Gelatin (Tessenderlo Group), Sterling Biotech Ltd, Weishardt Group and Nitta Gelatin are the key manufacturers.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-gelatin-market-witnesses-growth-of-3-from-2009-to-2016-300458031.html