LONDON, Dec. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Technavio's research analyst predicts the global glaucoma surgical devices market to grow rapidly at a CAGR of 41% during the forecast period. Much of this market's growth can be attributed to the advances made in the field of ophthalmology, which in turn has fortified the establishment of treatment methodologies to amplify positive patient outcomes.
The augmented demand for glaucoma surgical devices in emerging countries is the key driver for the growth of this market. In emerging countries like China, India, and Brazil improvements in medical infrastructure have led to the availability of advanced treatment options, which has made it possible for people to undergo glaucoma surgeries.
Product-based segmentation of the glaucoma surgical devices market
• Glaucoma implants
• Glaucoma surgical instruments
According to this market research, glaucoma implants segment accounted for a share of nearly 60% of the overall market in 2015. Since these implants are available in different designs, they bring about improvements in the surgical technique, which results in improved clinical outcome. Also, the ability of these implants to reduce the operative and post-operative complications is another important factor that propels market growth in this segment during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation of the glaucoma surgical devices market
Technavio market research analysts estimate the Americas to dominate the global market for glaucoma surgical devices during the forecast period. The high prevalence of glaucoma in the Americas is a critical factor that results in this region's high market share of nearly 49% during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global glaucoma surgical devices market is fragmented due to the presence of many global and local players. The vendors that can develop products that are safe, easy to use, widely available, and cost-effective are expected to thrive in this market during the forecast period.
The leading vendors in the market are -
• Abbott Medical Optics
• Carl Zeiss Meditec
• Ellex Medical
Other prominent vendors analyzed in this market study are A.R.C. Laser, Aquesys, Innfocus, Ivantis, Glaukos, Innova, Molteno Ophthalmic, Topcon, Transcend Medical, Iridex, Quantel, Lightmed, Lumenis, New World Medical, Nidek, Optos, and Valve Implants.
Key questions answered in the report include
• What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
• What are the key factors driving the global glaucoma surgical devices market?
• What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global glaucoma surgical devices market?
• What are the challenges to market growth?
• Who are the key vendors in this market space?
• What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global glaucoma surgical devices market?
• Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
• What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global glaucoma surgical devices market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
• Global Retinal Surgery Devices Market 2015-2019
• Global Ophthalmology Devices- Industry Analysis 2015-2019
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3471808/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48