LONDON, July 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Hematological Cancers Market to 2022 - Commercially Successful Targeted Therapies and Large, Innovative Pipeline to Drive Market
Hematological malignancies are a class of cancer that affect the blood, lymph nodes and bone marrow. They include numerous forms of leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Hematological malignancies constituted 9% of all newly diagnosed malignancies in the US in 2011, with data indicating lymphomas are more prevalent than leukemias or myeloma. Excluding acute lymphocytic leukemia and Hodgkin's lymphoma, these types of malignancy are generally associated with increasing age. Therefore, considering the aging population globally, this class of malignancy is likely to become more prevalent.
Over the past 15 years, the treatment of hematological malignancies has changed significantly, with the development of targeted therapies. These developments were based on the growing understanding of the signaling pathways involved in disease pathogenesis. Notable examples include the approval of rituximab in 1997, which is used to treat multiple types of hematological malignancies, including Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Overall, there are 1,207 products in active development in the hematological cancer therapy area. The indications included in this disease cluster are classified under oncology, which is the largest therapy area in terms of pipeline products, consisting of 6,936 drugs in development. Hematological cancer has more active pipeline products than the respiratory and cardiovascular therapy areas, which indicates how active this disease cluster is in terms of product development.
The hematological cancers market is characterized by commercially successful therapies.
- Which classes of drug dominate the market?
- What additional benefits have newly approved therapies brought to the market?
- How do the leading marketed therapies compare clinically?
The pipeline contains a range of molecule types and molecular targets, with a strong emphasis on targeted therapies, as opposed to chemotherapeutic agents.
- Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
- What are the commercial prospects for the most promising late-stage pipeline products?
Hematological cancers clinical trials have an overall attrition rate of 70.3%.
- What are the failure rates at individual Phases of clinical development?
- How do leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma compare in terms of clinical trial failure rate?
The hematological cancers market is forecast to rise from a value of $30.7 billion in 2015 to $70.1 billion in 2022, at a CAGR of 12.5%.
- How much of a role will disease prevalence and new product approvals play in market growth?
- Will generic competition have a significant impact on the market over the forecast period?
Big pharma hold a notable presence in the market.
- What are the leading companies in terms of market share?
- Which companies are forecast to experience the greatest growth in market share?
- What are the drivers of growth for key companies in the market?
- How dependent are the key companies on this disease cluster for revenue?
- Which companies rely heavily on this disease cluster for revenue?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to -
- Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape through a comprehensive study of disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the current treatment landscape in hematological cancers.
- Assess the current treatment landscape, with product profiles on prominent marketed therapies, including revenue forecasts.
- Analyze the hematological cancers pipeline and stratify by stage of development, molecule type, and molecular target. The most promising late-stage therapies are profiled and assessed in terms of clinical performance and competitiveness, alongside a single-product forecast.
- Predict growth in market size, with in-depth market forecasting from 2015 to 2022. The forecasts will provide an understanding of how epidemiology trends, new drug entries, and patent expirations will influence market value.
- Identify the leading companies in the market, in terms of market share and growth. Company analysis determines how dependent the key companies in the market are on revenue derived from hematological cancer products. In addition, analysis determines the primary factors that will drive market growth for the key companies in the market.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the hematological cancers deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals, and by profiling the most significant deals that have occurred in this indication in recent years.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3876503/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-hematological-cancers-market-to-2022---commercially-successful-targeted-therapies-and-large-innovative-pipeline-to-drive-market-300298987.html