DUBLIN, October 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bhlb5s/indoor_location) has announced the addition of the "Global Indoor Location Market Report 2013-2018" report to their offering.
Advancements in technology in the past few decades have inevitably led to potential growth of Indoor Location across the global market and R&D labs. In the early market space, commercial positioning and navigation systems manifested as GPS devices, which are robust for outdoor environments. Absence of satellite signals in the indoor space clearly indicated the requirement for new research technology which is effective in the indoor conditions. Thus, Indoor Location technologies came into existence.
The increasing customer expectation, along with measures to control infrastructure cost is playing a vital role in shaping the future of Indoor Location market. Even though the adoption of Indoor Location is relatively slow due to lack of research resources, these solutions are expected to grow steadily and are expected to generate strong traction across all the emerging venues, owing to the growing need of social connectivity, on a real-time basis. Furthermore, Indoor Location impacts asset monitoring and automation at the enterprise level. The technology is expected to bring in integration capabilities of analytical software tools with the existing maps and navigation software; and such applications will further enhance the growth of venues, while ensuring customer privacy and other regulatory policies.
- Real-time indoor tracking and navigation: This segment includes tracking applications such as geo-fencing, motion sensing and proximity alert notifications that enable venue to track and monitor an asset within range. While navigation typically include turn by turn directional guidance from origin to destination within the venue.
- Monitoring and emergency services: This segment includes applications such as E911 emergency response, health monitoring services in healthcare, asset and staff monitoring at enterprises.
- Indoor location-based services: This segment covers indoor location-based marketing, geo located games, friend finder and other applications used in indoor places such as museums and hospitals.
- Navigation pattern-based analytics: This segment includes applications related to venues from check-ins, tweets, likes, reviews, shares, comments and follow up to the relevant business strategic decisions at micro level.
- Offices and commercial buildings
- Government, public safety and urban security
- Oil, gas and mining
- Manufacturing, distribution and logistics
- Academia and education
- Travel and hospitality
- Others, which includes subways and other pedestrian places
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Ecosystem And Dynamics
4 Indoor Location: Market Size And Forecast By Hardware Devices
5 Indoor Location: Market Size And Forecast By Software
6 Indoor Location: Market Size And Forecast By Type Of Positioning System
7 Indoor Location: Market Size And Forecast By Applications
8 Indoor Location: Market Size And Forecast By Verticals
9 Indoor Location: Market Size And Forecast By Regions
10 Markets Analysis, Trends And Insights
11 Competitive Landscape
12 Company Profiles
- Apple Inc
- Cisco Systems, Inc
- Google Inc
- Locata Corporation Pty Limited
- Meridian Apps, Inc
- Motorola Solution Inc
- Nokia Corp
- Nowon Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Qualcomm - Atheros
- Rapidblue Solutions
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- Spirent Communications PLC
- Teldio Inc
- Trusted Positioning Inc
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bhlb5s/indoor_location.
SOURCE Research and Markets