DUBLIN, Mar 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Infrared LED Market, By Function, By Application, By Region, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2012-2022" report to their offering.
The global market of infrared LED is forecast to exhibit a CAGR of over 22% during 2017-2022.
Infrared imaging held the highest market share in global infrared LED market over the past few years, and this trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period as well. Moreover, Asia-Pacific dominated global infrared LED market during 2012-2016, and the region is anticipated to continue dominating the market through 2022.
Infrared LEDs are also known as infrared transmitters, and they emit infrared rays at a wavelength of 760nm. Infrared LEDs are light emitting diodes (LEDs), which are used to transmit infrared signals. Growing adoption of infrared LEDs in remote sensing and hyper spectral imaging coupled with increasing applications in healthcare and various industries are the major factors fueling demand for infrared LEDs across the world. Expanding smartphone market and growing security concerns are further fueling demand for infrared LEDs across the world.
Global smart home market stood at USD23.74 billion in 2016, and is forecast to reach USD61.24 billion by 2021. Thus, growing construction of smart home across the world is further anticipated to boost the demand for infrared LEDs in the coming years. Moreover, expanding population base and rising GDP per capita, coupled with increasing demand from healthcare and automotive sectors are further expected to propel global infrared LED market during 2017-2022.
Global Infrared LED Market 2012 - 2022 discusses the following aspects of global infrared LED market:
- Global Infrared LED Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Application Analysis - By Function (Emitters, Receivers and Transceivers), By Application (Biometric, Imaging, Lighting, etc.),
- Regional Analysis - Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America and Middle East & Africa
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Market Trends & Developments
- Self-Driving Cars
- Home Automation Systems
- Increasing Applications of Infrared LEDs
- Growing Demand for Technologies Based on Renewable Energy
- Broadband Infrared LED
- Infrared LEDs for Medical Usage
- Rising Use of Infrared LEDs in Smartphones for Iris Recognition
- Rising Use of Infrared LEDs in Automotive Sector
- Epileds Co. Ltd
- Epistar Corporation
- Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Excelitas Technologies Corp.
- Fairchild Semiconductors International, Inc.
- Fluke Corporation
- High power Lighting Corp
- Kingbright Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Larson Electronics LLC
- Lextar Electronics Corporation
- Lite on Opto Electronics
- New Japan Radio Corporation
- Nichia Corporation
- Opto Diode Corporation
- Opto Tech Corporation
- Osram Opto Semiconductors
- ROHM Semiconductors
- Royal Philips
- Ushio Epitex INC.
- Vishay Intertechnology Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9n7hm6/global_infrared
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-infrared-led-market-competition-forecast--opportunities-2022-rising-use-of-infrared-leds-in-smartphones-for-iris-recognition--automotive-sector---research-and-markets-300432696.html
SOURCE Research and Markets