Global Leaders Set to Explore the Talent Requirements Necessary to Achieve Global Food Security at the 23rd Annual IFAMA World Forum
ATLANTA, May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Leaders from industry, academia, NGOs and government representing more than 40 countries will gather June 18-20 in Atlanta, Ga., for the 23rd Annual International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA) World Forum and Symposium.
The overarching theme of the event "The Road to 2050: The Talent Factor" will focus on how to develop and sustain talent across the diverse value chain of global food production – from smallholder farmers in emerging regions of the world to the sophisticated commercial agriculture practices in mature economies. A who's who of agriculture will examine the technologies and talent development approaches that have the potential to propel Agribusiness towards the achievement of global food security. Participants will experience tangible examples of successful models and discuss how these principles can be applied with impact and relevance.
The IFAMA World Forum will feature more than 60 speakers across three days. Program highlights include:
- Global Food Security Index Workshop – During this invitation only event, experts from the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) will examine top drivers of food security across 105 countries through the Global Food Security Index. This interactive tool developed by EIU and commissioned by DuPont, assesses malnutrition; hunger; food affordability, availability and quality; and other core issues impacting the global food supply.
- Mobilizing a New Generation for Agriculture – Dwight Armstrong, CEO, National FFA Organization
- Achieving Food Security – James Borel, Executive Vice President, DuPont
- Future Faces of Agriculture – Carl Casale, CEO, CHS Inc.
- Pass on the Gift: Building Sustainable and Self-Reliant Capacity – Pierre Ferrari, President, Heifer International
- Revolution of Responsibility: Engaging the Next Generation – Don Floyd, President and CEO, National 4-H Council
- Supply Chains that Create Value and Prevent Waste – Tim Fox, Head of Energy and Environment, Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Establishing a Common Language: Benchmarking Platforms for Agriculture – Kevin Igli, Senior Vice President, Chief Environmental Health and Safety Officer, Tyson Foods
- Partnering to Foster Sustainability of Animal Agriculture: McDonald's Vision – Bob Langert, Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility, McDonald's
- Elevating Education in Agriculture – Sonny Ramaswamy, Director, National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Women as the Engine of Agriculture in Africa – Vickie Wilde, Director, African Women in Agricultural Research and Development
World Forum sessions and the entire conference agenda and registration information are available online. The 2013 IFAMA Program Planning Committee and Board of Directors would like to extend a special thank you to platinum sponsors DuPont, Monsanto and Novus International, Inc. for their support and commitment to ensuring a bright future for Food and Agribusiness.
The International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA) is a nonprofit organization that unites industry, students, academics, government leaders and other key stakeholders across the value chain of food production and consumption – to improve the global food and agribusiness system in response to the changing needs of the world. Founded in 1990 IFAMA fosters information sharing, knowledge advancement, discussion, debate, networking and career development through members across more than 50 countries. The annual IFAMA World Forum and Symposium is the organization's cornerstone event, where leading experts address the most current and pressing issues in food and agriculture. Visit www.ifama.org to learn more.
SOURCE International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA)
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.