LONDON, Oct. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Lithium-ion battery is an energy storage device capable of charging and discharging. In comparison to traditional battery technologies, they are capable of providing significantly high performance. Consequently, lithium-ion battery is being increasingly used as a power supply source for consumer electronics as well as for hybrid and electric vehicles. Reviving global economic conditions, rising disposable income, growing levels of pollution and surging demand for quality & uninterrupted power are few of the major factors anticipated to boost demand for lithium-ion battery during 2016 - 2021. Moreover, increasing portable and stationary energy storage demand and escalating number of solar & wind projects are some other factors expected to impart growth in lithium-ion battery market over the next five years. Globally, demand for energy registered a y-o-y growth of 2.3% in 2014. Moreover, the energy demand is expected to increase from 12928.4 Million Ton Oil Equivalent (MTOE) in 2014 to 17,000 MTOE by 2020. Consequently, adoption of lithium-ion battery is expected to witness robust growth due to its various advantages such as cost efficiency, high energy density, high response time, better safety and long life cycle.
According to "Global Lithium-ion Battery Market By Type, By End User, By Region, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 – 2021", the global lithium-ion battery market is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 17% during 2016 - 2021. On the basis of material used as the cathode, global lithium-ion battery market has been segmented into five categories, Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide, Lithium Iron Phosphate, Lithium Cobalt Oxide, Lithium Titanate Oxide and Others. Among these categories, Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt (Li-NMC) dominated the global lithium-ion battery market in 2015. The segment is anticipated to maintain its dominance over the next five years as well owing to surging demand for Li-NMC batteries in automobile industry. In 2015, Asia-Pacific dominated the global lithium-ion battery market, followed by North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America. "Global Lithium-ion Battery Market By Type, By End User, By Region, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 – 2021" discusses the following aspects of the global lithium-ion battery market:
- Global Lithium-Ion Battery Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – By Type (Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt (Li-NMC), Lithium Iron Phosphate (Li-IP), Lithium Cobalt Oxide (Li-CO), Lithium Titanate Oxide (Li-TO) and Others), and By End User (Consumer Electronics, Transportation, Power Backup and Others)
- Regional Analysis - North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of global lithium-ion battery market
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To help industry consultants, lithium-ion battery manufacturers and other stakeholders align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research included interaction with lithium-ion battery manufacturers, distributors and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3971752/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-lithium-ion-battery-market-by-type-lithium-nickel-manganese-cobalt-li-nmc-lithium-iron-phosphate-li-ip-lithium-cobalt-oxide-li-co-etc-by-end-user-by-region-competition-forecast-and-opportunities-2011--2021-300348116.html