"Global Lithium-ion Battery Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 17% during 2016-2021.
Globally, demand for energy registered a y-o-y growth of 2.3% in 2014. Moreover, the energy demand is expected to increase from 12928.4 Million Ton Oil Equivalent (MTOE) in 2014 to 17,000 MTOE by 2020. Consequently, adoption of lithium-ion battery is expected to witness robust growth due to its various advantages such as cost efficiency, high energy density, high response time, better safety and long life cycle.
Reviving global economic conditions, rising disposable income, growing levels of pollution and surging demand for quality & uninterrupted power are few of the major factors anticipated to boost demand for lithium-ion battery during 2016-2021. Moreover, increasing portable and stationary energy storage demand and escalating number of solar & wind projects are some other factors expected to impart growth in lithium-ion battery market over the next five years.
On the basis of material used as the cathode, global lithium-ion battery market has been segmented into five categories, Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide, Lithium Iron Phosphate, Lithium Cobalt Oxide, Lithium Titanate Oxide and Others. Among these categories, Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt (Li-NMC) dominated the global lithium-ion battery market in 2015.
The segment is anticipated to maintain its dominance over the next five years as well owing to surging demand for Li-NMC batteries in automobile industry. In 2015, Asia-Pacific dominated the global lithium-ion battery market, followed by North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America.
Global Lithium-ion Battery Market discusses the following aspects of the global lithium-ion battery market:
- New Lithium Battery Technologies
- Transparent Lithium-ion Batteries
- Increasing Energy Density of Lithium-ion Batteries
- Increasing Penetration of Electric Vehicles
- Government Subsidies
- Booming Building Energy Management Solutions Market
- Investor Confidence
- Portable Battery Demand
Key Topics Covered:
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Analyst View
4. Global Lithium-ion Battery Market Outlook
5. Asia Pacific Lithium-ion Battery Market Outlook
6. North America Lithium-ion Battery Market Outlook
7. Europe Lithium-ion Battery Market Outlook
8. South America Lithium-ion Battery Market Overview
9. Middle East and Africa Lithium-ion Battery Market Outlook
10. Global Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt (Li-NMC) Battery Market Outlook
11. Global Lithium Iron Phosphate (Li-IP) Battery Market Outlook
12. Global Lithium Cobalt Oxide (Li-CO) Battery Market Outlook
13. Global Lithium Titanate Battery Market Outlook
14. Industry Stakeholder Analysis
15. Value Chain Analysis
16. Market Attractiveness Index
17. Market Dynamics
18. Markets Trends & Developments
19. Competitive Landscape
20. Strategic Recommendations
- A123 Systems LLC
- Advanced Battery Technologies Inc.
- Altair Nanotechnologies, Inc.
- Amperex Technology Limited
- Automotive Energy Supply Corporation
- BYD Company Limited
- China BAK Battery, Inc.
- Daimler AG
- GS Yuasa Corp
- Hitachi Ltd
- Johnson Controls Inc.
- LG Chem Ltd
- Panasonic Corporation
- Saft Groupe SA
- Samsung SDI
- Siemens Energy Management
- Sony Corp
- Tesla Motors, Inc.
- Toshiba Corp
- Valence Technology Inc.
- XALT Energy LLC
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3qnbnb/global
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-lithium-ion-battery-market-competition-forecast-and-opportunities-2021---research-and-markets-300307586.html
SOURCE Research and Markets