LONDON, Nov. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Maritime VSAT Market 2015-2019
Covering: Growth prospects and market forecast of the global maritime VSAT services market and a segmentation analysis by technology (HTS, L-band, KU-band, and C-band), and by number of terminals (Ka-band, c-band, and Ku-band). Market shares for APAC, Americas, and the EMEA are included in this report. The leading vendors analyzed in this report include Harris Caprock, Hughes, Inmarsat, KVH, RigNet, ViaSat, and VT iDirect.
Market outlook of maritime VSAT
The market is currently witnessing a significant demand for maritime VSAT worldwide from government organizations, oil and gas companies, and commercial vessel providers. Technavio's market research analysts predict the global maritime VSAT market to grow at a CAGR of close to 8% until 2019.
The global maritime VSAT market is an emerging sector. Shipping companies require VSAT to track their shipments, vessels, and crew members while the ship is away at sea. The market is witnessing a shift towards IP-based applications that help crew members to communicate seamlessly with their counterparts on land. Thus, maritime VSAT offers an appropriate solution addressing the growing need for communication in ships. During the forecast period, the market is expected to experience steady growth thanks to the surge in the demand for broadband services while sailing.
Research scope of the global maritime VSAT market
This research report considers revenues generated from the following:
- Maritime VSAT terminals such as VSAT antenna dishes and onboard equipment
- Terminals used for Ku-band, L-band, and C-band communication, as well as the recently deployed HTS
- VSAT deployment
- VSAT services from Ku-band, L-band, C-band, and HTS
- Oil and gas ships, commercial fleets, leisure boats, high-end commercial vessels, fishing boats, inland waterways, and government ships
- Maritime VoIP, onboard communication, vessel management, VSAT for vessel maintenance, environmental monitoring, seismic monitoring, onboard telemedicine, remote video monitoring, and fleet monitoring
- Maritime VSAT used by the mining, oil and gas, cruise and leisure industries, as well as government agencies
Maritime VSAT market segmentation by technology
- High throughput satellites (HTS)
HTS services enable the transmission of high-end complex data along with voice and video, and complex enterprise applications. With growing competition, vessel owners are now focused on high-end enterprise applications for assets as well as logistics management. It has led to an increase in the demand for high throughput satellite services that enable larger bandwidth operations. Thus, the maritime VSAT service market by HTS is expected to increase rapidly during the forecast period.
Global maritime VSAT services market segmentation by number of terminals
This research report estimates the number of maritime vessels installing Ka-band terminals to increase by almost 5,000 units over the next four years. Due to high bandwidth capacity and low installation cost, most of the maritime VSAT service providers are dependent on Ka-band terminals. Many satellite operators are expected to invest heavily in Ka-band terminals because of the increased demand for Internet-based applications.
Competitive analysis of the global maritime VSAT market
- Harris Caprock
- VT iDirect
During the forecast period, market vendors are expected to focus more on the application of satellites for collecting data regarding water quality. It is an important emerging trend in the market that is augmenting the use of environmental and weather buoys equipped with satellite M2M terminals to collect real-time water quality and meteorological parameter data.
The other prominent vendors covered in this report include EMC, Comtech Telecommunications, Vizada (EADS Group), MTN Satellite Communications, Eutelsat, OmniAccess, Imtech Marine, SpeedCast, and Telespazi.
Key questions answered in the report
- What are the key factors driving the global maritime VSAT market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global maritime VSAT market?
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the enterprise mobility market?
- Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the global maritime VSAT market?
- Growth forecast of the enterprise mobility market until 2019?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Enterprise VSAT Market 2014-2018
- Global Maritime VSAT Market 2014-2018
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/819241/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers