DUBLIN, May 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Market and Potential for Molecular Point of Care Diagnostics" report to their offering.
The molecular diagnostic market and the point-of-care (POC) testing markets are two of the fastest growing segments of the overall IVD market.
Historically, these have been completely different market segments. Not anymore. There has been a growing interest in developing molecular diagnostic platforms that can be used in POC settings. Indeed, as this new market research report details, the emerging area of rapid molecular POC testing has attracted over $650 million in investments and financings over the past five years (2009 to 2013).
The Market and Potential for Molecular Point of Care Diagnostics, offers a quantitative assessment of the molecular diagnostic market, and of the point-of-care (POC) testing market, and then looks at the emerging field of molecular diagnostic POC testing.
Many companies are developing molecular diagnostic platforms and assays that are designed to for near-patient or POC testing, and the earliest of these systems are starting to reach the market. The initial market focus for most of these companies is on infectious disease testing, where rapid test results generate important actionable information that physicians can use to make treatment decisions.
As part of this coverage, the report provides:
- Profiles of Molecular POC Companies and Products
- Investor Spending in Molecular POC
- Deals Made Recently in Point of Care
- Profiles of Key Companies in the Market
- Market Estimates for Molecular Diagnostics and POC Diagnostics 2013-2018
- Investments and Financing Agreements for POC Molecular
- Infectious Disease Diagnostics Opportunities
- Agreements Between with Other Diagnostic Companies
- Acquisitions of Molecular Diagnostic Near-Patient/Point-of-Care Companies
Over 75 companies involved in this market are profiled in this report. As expected with any group of start-up companies, many are struggling or are surviving on limited financial resources. However, some new companies that are focusing on molecular diagnostic POC testing have received significant investments.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter One: Executive Summary
Chapter Two: Introduction
Chapter Three: Advances In Molecular Diagnostic Technology
Chapter Four: Deals
- Companies Targeting Molecular Point-Of Need/Point-Of-Care
Chapter Five: Current Markets
Chapter Six: market opportunities
Chapter Seven: Technology Developments And Progress To Date
Chapter Eight: Company Profiles (Partial List)
- Abacus Diagnostica Oy
- Akonni Biosystems, Inc.
- Alere Inc.
- Analytik Jena AG
- Aquila Diagnostic Systems Inc.
- Atlas Genetics Ltd
- Canon U.S. Life Sciences
- Coris BioConcept
- Curetis AG
- DestiNA Genomics Ltd.
- Diagnostics for All (DFA)
- Diagnostics for the Real World, Ltd.
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- DiAssess Inc
- DxNA, LLC
- Eiken Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Enigma Diagnostics Limited
- Mesa Tech International, Inc.
- Metaara Medical Technologies Inc.
- Micronics Inc. (A Sony Group Company)
- Molbio Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd.
- MP Biomedicals, LLC
- MycroLab Diagnostics Pty Ltd.
- Nanosphere, Inc.
- OptiGene Ltd.
- PositiveID Corporation
- QIAGEN N.V
- QuantuMDx Group
- T2 Biosystems, Inc
- Thermal Gradient, Inc.
- TwistDx, Ltd. (Acquired by Alere)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/drvv92/the_market_and
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-market-and-potential-for-molecular-point-of-care-diagnostics-report-2016---research-and-markets-300275496.html
SOURCE Research and Markets