NEW YORK, April 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Use this report to:
- Gain insight into global biopesticides and synthetic pesticides industry, and its recent technological advancements.
- Identify the trends and factors influencing biopesticides industry and relevant business impact thereof.
- Evaluate the global supply and demand scenario segmented by applications, types and regions.
- Assess leading market players of biopesticides industry and their corporate profiles, and the list of patents issued from February 2010 through October 2016.
- The global market for biopesticides and synthetic pesticides reached $58.5 billion in 2015. The market should reach $60.2 billion in 2016 and $78.7 billion by 2021, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% from 2016 to 2021.
- The global market for synthetic pesticides reached $54.8 billion in 2015. The market should reach $56.2 billion in 2016 and $71.0 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% from 2016 to 2021.
- The global biopesticides market reached $3.7 billion in 2015. The market should reach nearly $4.0 billion in 2016 and $7.7 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 14.1% from 2016 to 2021.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report provides the reader with a detailed analysis of the global biopesticide industry. It also discusses technological developments, future trends and emerging opportunities. This information will be useful for those involved in strategic planning, marketing, sales and technological development.
The major objectives of this study include:
- Assessing the technology developments.
- Identifying the factors driving demand.
- Making available the most current and reliable information on the market size.
- Estimating the global supply and demand scenario broken down by applications and regions.
- Estimating the growth rate in demand.
- Estimating the projected global supply and demand scenario over the next five years and analyzing it through application sectors as well as product types.
- Identifying the factors influencing this industry and making appropriate recommendations.
Projections for biopesticide use will be offered for geographical regions including the Americas (U.S., Canada, Central America [including Mexico] and South America); Europe, Middle East, Russia and Africa (EMRA); and Asia & Oceania (Japan, China, India, Australia, New Zealand other Oceanic countries).
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Factors driving the use of biopesticides include increased environmental awareness, the pollution potential and health hazards from many conventional pesticides, as well as increasing global demand for organically grown food.
Biopesticides offer several advantages:
- Biopesticides are environmentally safer than conventional pesticides, which are often hazardous chemicals.
- Biopesticides offer more targeted activity toward desired pests, whereas conventional pesticides often affect a broad spectrum of pests as well as birds and mammalian species.
- Biopesticides often are effective in very small quantities, thereby offering lower exposure. They decompose quickly, leaving virtually no harmful residue and allow field re-entry almost immediately after application.
- Biopesticides can be used in rotation with conventional pesticides when used in integrated pest management (IPM) programs. Such programs can offer high crop yields while dramatically reducing the use of conventional pesticides.
The popularity of biopesticides has increased substantially in recent years, as extensive research has enhanced their effectiveness. A number of research centers around the world are undertaking research aimed at improving techniques for the augmentation and application of biopesticides, with the objective of improving the commercial feasibility of producing and using biopesticides.
In light of these advances, there is need for a current and comprehensive report on biopesticides. This report is designed to cover aspects of technology and demand trends, and project opportunities and investment levels. It examines the worldwide commercial applications of biopesticides, their markets, market penetration versus conventional pesticides and growth opportunities for the biopesticide market.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This market report organizes information from diverse sources into a cohesive unit that includes a pesticide (synthetic and biopesticide) overview, organic farming and production overview, industry structure, and technology and patents sections. Information on the synthetic pesticide market, genetically modified (GM) seeds and the biopesticide market is explored. Additional information on the organic market for food products offers the reader an opportunity to assess the biopesticide market in relation to crop production and sale of organic foods.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. Estimates of current market demand are made for 2015 and are projected over the next five years from 2016 through 2021. Projections are made in terms of constant U.S. dollars (2015), unadjusted for inflation. Growth is presented in terms of a compound average annual growth rate (CAGR). Where precise information was not available, a projection was made using reasonable assumptions and estimates based on historical data. Market data are based on manufacturers' sales and correlations with the organic food market.
This updated analysis of the biopesticide industry is a valuable tool for decision makers, marketing personnel and manufacturers in the synthetic and biopesticide industries. Researchers at research foundations and university agriculture departments will find valuable information on the global organic food, synthetic pesticide and biopesticide industries.
The data for this report were gathered from primary and secondary sources. Sources include information obtained from industry analysts, manufacturers and company reports, industry trade journals, and industry associations. Additional information was obtained through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, The World Health Organization (WHO), ETC Group, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), International Service for the Acquisition of Agri-biotech Applications (ISAAA), Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI), the U.S. Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service (USDA-ERS), International Biocontrol Manufacturers Association (IBMA), Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FIBL) and the USDA National Organic Program (NOP). European and Japanese agricultural organizations were also used to compile EMRA and Asian information.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for a decade. He has been a regular writer or contributing editor addressing composites manufacturing for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News, China Textile Academy, China Chemical Fibers and MobileTex. He has authored three books: Asian Automotive Textiles: Opportunities and Challenges for Leading Producers; China Technical Textiles: Key Producers and Market Trends to 2015; and China's Chemical Fiber Producers. He is also the author of many BCC Research market research reports, including PLS050D Global Markets and Technologies for Bioplastics and PLS052A Global Market for Polyolefins. Currently he is the chief scientist of a China-based company endeavoring to reduce China's air and water pollution through filtration and separation solutions.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p01414091-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-markets-for-biopesticides-300438968.html