NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Market outlook of the global mobile camera module market
A camera module is integrated into devices like cameras, smartphones, tablets, laptops, automobiles, and gaming consoles and consists of a lens module, an image sensor chip, and a module case. The global market for mobile camera modules is expected to show healthy growth during the forecast period and is positively affected by factors like the rapid growth of the electronic devices market. The increasing implementation of camera modules in devices like smartphones and laptops is expected to result in its impressive CAGR of more than 15% by 2019.
The growing popularity of social networking applications is the key driver for the growth of this market. Recently, it has been observed that the usage of apps like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snap chat, and Twitter has increased rapidly. Consequently, this has encouraged the smartphone and tablet vendors to integrate high-quality cameras into their devices, which in turn is expected to attract customers and result in market growth during the forecast period.
Segmentation by application and analysis of the mobile camera module market
In this market research report, Technavio market research analysts estimate the smartphone industry segment to be the highest revenue-generating segment during the forecast period. This sector is envisaged to account for more than 91% of the total market revenue by 2019 and critical factors like the advent of dual cameras in mobile devices is predicted to foster market growth during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation of the mobile camera module market
Technavio's market research analyst estimates the APAC region to account for the largest market share during the forecast period. This region is estimated to generate a revenue of USD 13 billion by 2019 and factors like the augmented shipment of smartphones and tablets are envisaged to bolster the prospects for growth in this region during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global market for mobile camera modules is highly fragmented and is primarily dominated by a few key players. LG Innotek is the leading vendor in this market and is closely followed by vendors like SEMCO, Sharp, Cowell and Sunny.
Key vendors in this market are -
- LG Innotek
- Sunny Optical Technology
Other prominent vendors analyzed in this global market research are Lite-On, Partron, Foxconn, Chicony Electronics, Toshiba, STMicroelectronics, and Omnivision.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the global mobile camera module market?
- What are the Key market trends impacting the growth of the global mobile camera module market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global mobile camera module market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global mobile camera module market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the EMEA, Americas, and APAC?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global mobile camera module market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Automotive Camera Module Market 2015-2019
- Global 3D Camera Market 2015-2019
- Global Document Camera For Smart Classroom Market 2015-2019
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03571286-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001