DUBLIN, Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qcwfxf/multifunctional) has announced the addition of the "Multifunctional Smart Coatings and Surfaces: 2016-2023" report to their offering.
It is believed that the coming decade will see substantial new business revenues generated by smart coatings that exhibit multiple functionalities. In fact, we are already seeing multifunctional coatings and surfaces reach actual commercialization:
- In the construction industry we have now reached the point where it is possible to fabricate smart windows that combine self-dimming, solar energy generation and self-healing into a single IGU.
- In aerospace, some smart surfaces can monitor the structural health of wings and fuselage and then make modest repairs automatically.
- In medicine, the development of coatings with antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties is of obvious importance. Here a group of researchers has already created a multifunctional coating on bioactive agents, which addresses both these issues together.
Coatings and surfaces that are smart in multiple ways would seem to fit better into the evolving need for smarts than garden varieties, of smart coatings. The report also sees in multifunctional coatings a considerable potential for coatings firms - both large, established firms and start-ups - to create significant market value, while differentiating themselves in the market.
Some multifunctional coatings are already on the market, but others are not ready for prime time. Much the same can be said of tools, where there is currently a plethora of fabrication approaches to creating multifunctional surfaces - although some of them are not yet capable of covering the large areas required (say) by the walls of a building.
Key Topics Covered:
- Identifying how and where value will be created with multifunctional coatings.
- Assessment of which combinations of functionalities will be most successful in the marketplace.
- Strategic profiles of leading companies developing multifunctional smart materials.
- Ten-year forecasts.
- Materials evolution.
- Emerging fabrication approaches for multifunctional coatings.
- Applications and end-user markets for multifunctional coatings.
Companies Mentioned Include:
- BigSky Technologies
- Cornerstone Research
- Dow Chemical
- Dow Corning
- DSM Biomedical
- Life Material
- Luna Innovations
Chapter One: Introduction
Chapter Two: Multifunctional Smart Materials Technology: Opportunities and Evolution
Chapter Three: Multifunctional Smart Materials in the Construction Industry
Chapter Four: Multifunctional Smart Materials in the Automotive Industry
Chapter Five: Multifunctional Smart Materials in Aerospace
Chapter Six: Other Markets with Potential for Multifunctional Smart Materials: Multipurpose versus Smart Multifunctionality
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qcwfxf/multifunctional
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets