This report turns its attention to how shoppers pay for online purchases. Among the findings revealed in the publication is the growing concern of online shoppers and merchants regarding the security of payment information.
Payment security is a top priority for online shoppers in many countries around the globe, affecting their chose of payment method. Over half of surveyed buyers expressed worries about their personal information when paying via mobile. In the mature market of the USA, a quarter of Internet-connected households stated in a 2015 survey, cited in the report, that they avoided making online purchases out of fear of compromise of personal finance information.
In spite of those security concerns, the report reveals that online payments are growing inexorably in value and number and evolving in methods. Mobile payments are gaining ground, especially among younger shoppers, for in-store as well as online purchases. Digital payment methods such as PayPal and AliPay have grown in popularity, rivaling credit card use in some markets.
Nevertheless, credit card remains the top payment method used by online shoppers globally, though cash on delivery is still widely used in regions such as Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Key Global Developments
- Payment Methods Used in Online Shopping, in % of Online Shoppers, October 2015
- Payment Methods Used in Online Shopping, by Regions, in % of Online Shoppers, October 2015
- Value of Online Payment Fraud, in USD billion, 2015 & 2020f
- Breakdown of Online Payment Fraud by Segments, in % and in USD billion, 2020f
- Breakdown of Innovations that are Expected to Have the Largest Impact on Payment Fraud Prevention in the Next 3-5 Years, in %, October 2015
- Breakdown of the Means of Security Protection for Consumers Making Mobile Payment that are Expected to Become Dominant by 2030, in %, October 2015
- Mobile Payment Usage In-Store and Online, in % of Respondents, by Generation, 2015
- Perception of Security of Mobile Payments, in % of Respondents, by Generations, 2015
- Number of Mobile Money Accounts, by Registered and Active, by Selected Regions, in millions, December 2015
- Breakdown of Types of Payments Made with Mobile Money, by Number of Transactions and Value of Transactions, in %, December 2015
- Mobile P2P Money Transfer Transaction Value, in USD billion, 2014 & 2019f
- Number of P2P Mobile Money Transfer Users, in millions, 2014 - 2019f
- Mobile Proximity Payment Transaction Value, in USD billion, 2014 & 2019f
- Number of Proximity Mobile Payment Users, in millions, 2014 - 2019f
- Top 10 Merchant Acquirers, by Volume, in USD billion, 2015
Key Questions Answered
- How do online shoppers in various countries worldwide prefer to pay?
- In which countries do alternative online payment methods rank above credit cards?
- What factors are important to global shoppers when paying online and via mobile?
- How is mobile payment acceptance evolving worldwide?
- What role does security play in online and mobile payments?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Global Developments
5. North America
6. Latin America
7. Middle East
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
- Boleto Bancario
- Google Wallet
- QIWI Wallet
- Sofort Überweisung
- Walmart pay
- WeChat Pay
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6kmwvx/global_online
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-online-payment-methods-first-half-2016---the-top-10-merchant-acquirers-by-volume-in-usd-billion---research-and-markets-300337903.html
SOURCE Research and Markets