NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Market outlook of the organic dairy products market
Technavio's market research analyst projects the organic dairy products market to grow at a CAGR of around 12% during the forecast period. The growing health awareness amongst consumers is driving the growth of this market. The excessive use of pesticides, fertilizers, ionizing radiation, and sewer-sludge has given rise to numerous health related issues. For instance, hormones such as BGH and rbST are used for increasing milk production in cows for the manufacture of non-organic milk. However, the use of these hormones results in the growth of IGF-1, which gets absorbed into the bloodstream of humans during consumption, increasing the occurrences of breast cancer.
The high pricing of organic dairy products is expected to deter the growth of the market during the forecast period. Organic dairy farming requires the use of products that are inherently organic and natural in nature substantiated by manual labor. For instance, during 2015, the price difference between organic and conventional milk has been nearly USD 3 in the US.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global organic dairy products market is highly fragmented due to the presence of numerous small and big vendors. The competitive environment in this market is expected to intensify further during the forecast period owing to the influx of private providers.
The key vendors in the market are
- Aurora Organic Dairy
- Ben and Jerry
- Horizon Organic
- Organic Valley
- Whole Foods
Other vendors in the market include Arla, Castle Rock Organic Farms, Danone, Harmony Organic, Lactalis, Nestle, Schulz Organic Dairy, Straus Family Creamery, and Yeo Valley.
Product segmentation and analysis of the organic dairy products market
- Organic milk
- Organic yogurt
- Organic cheese
Organic milk accounted for 50% of the market share during 2014 and is predicted to reach a market value of around USD 13 billion by the end of 2019. The US, the UK, France, Australia, China, and Germany are the key markets for organic milk.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the organic dairy products market
- North America
Europe was the dominant region during 2014 accounting for around 35% of the market share in the global organic dairy products market. The continuous introduction of innovative organic dairy products such as flavored organic milk drinks and energy based milk drinks in the market has been driving the market growth in this region. The report predicts this region to maintain its leadership in the market until the end of 2019.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the global organic dairy products market?
- What are the Key market trends impacting the growth of the organic dairy products market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the organic dairy products market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global organic dairy products market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global organic dairy products market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Organic Food and Beverage Market: Forecast & Report Analysis 2015-2019
- Dairy Products Market in China 2015-2019
- Organic Food and Beverages Market in Europe 2015-2019
- Global Dairy Processing Equipment Market 2015-2019
- Dairy Products Transportation Market in the APAC 2015-2019
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03571291-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001