Global Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Outlook 2014: Japan Pharma
MUMBAI, India, February 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Bharat Book Bureau presents Global Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Outlook 2014: Japan Pharma. 2014 will be marked as a transition year for the Japanese Pharma industry - the year is bound to be painful both for innovators and generic companies due to the new regulations. We find these regulations to be 'decisive' in spurring generic penetration significantly, with the main beneficiary being the Japanese government (or society) and not the generic companies. (http://www.bharatbook.com/biotechnology-market-research-reports/global-pharmaceutical-biotechnology-outlook-2014-japan-pharma.html)
The implications of new price-reversions are going to have many facets and will change conventional business models. We expect many support services industries - CMOs, CROs and other allied services industries to benefit from these structural changes, while API importers will suffer. We also expect consolidation and M&A activities to spur in Japan.
Innovation Takes the Driver's Seat: While the new regulations will change the current business philosophy of doing business in patent expired space (>45% to total Japan market), the policy makers also discourage 'me too' innovations at the same time. The regulators however tend to support the 'first time in the world' level innovations by providing 'innovation premiums'. Japanese innovators will now become more serious and selective in their R&D approach. Previous year the Japanese innovators have focused on acquiring assets in - autoimmune, orphan diseases and oncology fields (Annexure 5). We expect this trend to prevail in the coming years. We find some of the candidates to remain in the limelight in 2014 along with some new additions - Edoxaban (Daiichi Sankyo), Invokana (Mitsubishi Tanabe), Dolutegravir (Shionogi), BBI-608 (Dainippon Sumitomo), Vedolizumab (Takeda), Xtandi (Astellas), Nivolumab (Ono) to hand-pick a few of them. The reports explain detail analysis on these key candidates.
The 138 pages report contains the detailed discussion of Japan biopharmaceutical market - which includes- Our view on the impact of 2014 price cuts on generic companies and innovator companies and detailed discussion on key attributes (consolidation activities, potential of R & D pipeline candidates, generic threat in domestic Japan market etc…) of leading Japanese innovator companies- Astellas, Chugai, Daiichi Sankyo, Dainippon Sumitomo, Eisai, Kyorin, Kyowa hakko Kirin, Mitsubishi Tanabe, Shionogi, Takeda and leading Japanese generic companies- Nippon Chemiphar, Sawai and Towa.
Request for sample pages: http://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=364878
Table of Contents
- New Price-Cuts - A Double Punch To The Innovators!
- Table 1- New Slabs For Nhi Price Cuts For Long-listed Drugs
- Table 2 - Expense Vs. Portability Of Japanese Innovators
- Another Blow For Innovators In Not Institutionalizing The 'Innovation Premium'
- Pressure To Generic Discount Further Increased
- Upcoming New Generics
- Existing Generics
- Table 3 - New Drug Prices For Existing Ge Drugs
- Listing Of GE Drugs by Both GE Name And Brand To Promote Discounting
- Finding New Avenues Of Cost Saving Are Inevitable For GE Cos
- Innovators Need To Redone Long-Listed Products Strategies
- Consolidation Activities To Will Witness A Boost
- Table 4 - Other REGULATION UNDER APRIL-14 REFORMS*
- Table 5 -Portably Structure Of Select Generic Companies
- Annexure 1 JAPAN GEnerics Market Model
- Annexure 2 Japanese Innovators: Long Listed Exposure
- Annexure 3 PATENT EXPIRY THROUGH 2016
- JAPAN INNOVATORS
- ASTELLAS: Successful Global Launch of Xtandi And Myrbetriq To Overcome Domestic worries!
- Prograf Generics Launch in Japan
- JP Approval ahead than Zytiga
- What to watch out for in Detailed PREVAIL data in Late Feb at ASCO GU-14?
- Prevail top line data of Xtandi - rPFS advantage and ease of use compensate absolute OS disappointment for urologist
- Recent US prescription trends of Xtandi are encouraging
- Isavuconazole: Isavuconazole QIDP designation and our expectation
- Competitive landscape of Antifungals
For more information and complete table of contents: http://www.bharatbook.com/biotechnology-market-research-reports/global-pharmaceutical-biotechnology-outlook-2014-japan-pharma.html
- Global Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Outlook 2014: Rising Stars
- Global Radiopharmaceuticals Market Insight
- Global Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Outlook 2014: Mature Biotech
- PharmaSphere: Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Deal Trends in Latin America: 2008 - 2012
- Global Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Outlook 2014: Global Pharma
- Global Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Outlook 2014: India Pharma
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
SOURCE Bharat Book Bureau