Global Point-of-Delivery Drug Reconstitution Systems Market Report 2013 - 2017
DUBLIN, Nov. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8k9rtc/pointofdelivery) has announced the addition of the "Point-of-Delivery Drug Reconstitution Systems to 2017" report to their offering.
Growth in the number of injectable drugs supplied in solid form for reconstitution prior to administration is being driven by the increase in drugs based on biological NCEs. These drugs are typically unstable at ambient temperatures and to preserve their shelf life must be either stored at low temperature (the so-call 'cold chain') or processed into a form that will preserve their pharmacological efficacy until they reach their therapeutic destination.
Because the cost of transporting and storing drugs using refrigeration is expensive and requires constant temperature monitoring to insure that the drug has not been exposed to environmental conditions that render unsafe for use as a therapeutic product, technologies such as lyophilization are becoming more prevalent.
The packaging and technologies developed and marketed for safe and reliable reconstitution at the point of administration are benefiting from this market trend. This report examines commercial drug reconstitution devices and systems and their impact on the injectable drug delivery sector.
- Analyzes therapeutic demand drivers and evaluates the market impact and potential of commercial drug reconstitution systems
- Provides analysis of injectable drugs for reconstitution and assesses key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics
- Forecasts Injectable drug product demand by indication and therapy to 2017
- Profiles reconstitution system suppliers, their product activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations
Key Topics Covered:
- Prolonging the Shelf Life of Biological Drugs
- Distribution Strategies
- Formulation Strategies
- Lyophilization and Reconstitution at the Point of Use
- Healthcare Economics and Reconstitution Systems
What's Driving the Growth in Engineered Reconstitution Systems?
- Biological Drugs Proliferating
- The Trend toward Self-Administration
- Shifting Demographics
- Innovation in Disposable Device Designs
- Therapeutic Demand Drivers
- Competitive Landscape
- Risk Factors
Drug Reconstitution Systems - Commercial Devices
- Vial Adapters
- Vial-to-Vial Systems
- Needle-less Transfer Devices
- Direct Connect to Vial
- Direct Connect to Cartridge
- Dual Chamber Syringes
- Dual Chamber Cartridges
- Closed Drug Transfer
- Reconstitution System Design Factors
- Stability and Material Selection Issues
- Disposable Drug Cartridges
- Single vs Multi-Dose Devices
- Human Engineering/Ergonomics
Drug Reconstitution - Therapeutic Sector Analysis
Drug Reconstitution Systems - Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8k9rtc/pointofdelivery
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets