LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Potassium permanganate, also known as permanganate of potash and Condy's crystals, is an odorless, dark purple crystalline compound with a sweet taste.
It is a versatile oxidant and disinfectant composed of potassium, manganese and oxygen and has a number of applications in various industries. According to IMARC Group's latest report, the global potassium permanganate market has grown at a CAGR of 14.0% during 2009-2016 driven by its increasing usage in water treatment facilities across the globe.
The report has analyzed the global potassium permanganate market on the basis of end-use:
- Potassium permanganate has a wide variety of uses in a number of industries.
- In the water treatment industry, it is used to remove certain toxic chemical compounds, control algae growth and eliminate bad taste, color and odor.
- It is also used in the wastewater treatment industry to deodorize the wastewater stream, oxidize organic and inorganic contaminations and remove toxins and corrosives from the wastewater stream.
- The chemical manufacturing industry employs potassium permanganate to synthesize organic compounds for the chemical processes.
- In aquaculture, it is used in replenishing oxygen in fish ponds and aids in controlling fish diseases and parasites.
- Other application areas of potassium permanganate include - metal processing, disinfectants industries and air purification.
The report has further analyzed the global potassium permanganate market on the basis of key global regions:
- China dominates the global potassium permanganate market accounting for more than half of the total global production.
- China was followed by the United States, European Union and India.
- In consumption terms, the United States was the biggest consumer of potassium permanganate accounting for more than a fourth of the total global consumption. The United States was followed by China, European Union, India and Japan.
- In the terms of imports and exports, Iran represents the largest importer of potassium permanganate followed by Thailand, Belgium, Brazil and Japan. China, on the other hand, represents the largest exporter of potassium permanganate followed by the United States, India, Netherlands and Poland.
The report has also analyzed the competitive landscape of the global potassium permanganate market:
- Some of the top manufacturers of potassium permanganate analyzed in the report include - Chongqing Changyuan Chemical Corporation Limited, Carus Corp., Changsha Yonta Industry Co. Ltd., Groupstars Chemical (Yunnan) China LLC and Guangdong Hang Xin Technologies AG.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-potassium-permanganate-market-witness-growth-of-14-cagr-from-2009-to-2016-300457837.html