DUBLIN, March 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mgqjlx/preventive_asthma) has announced the addition of the "Preventive Asthma Drug Market Outlook 2020" report to their offering.
The market was estimated at US$ 22 Billion in 2014
According to a new research report entitled,Preventive Asthma Drug Market Outlook 2020, the global market for preventive asthma drugs is likely to expand with a CAGR of 4.7% from 2014-2020. Growing preference towards preventive healthcare, mounting asthma cases owing to rising pollution levels and increasing investment in research and development are key influencing factors supporting the growth of this industry. The demand of preventers is of considerable rise both in the developed and developing regions owing to the rising allergies.
Popular pharmaceutical manufacturers such as GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Roche and others are increasing their R&D expenditure for developing preventive respiratory drugs. According to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, asthma is broadly classified into four types: exercise-induced, allergic, occupational, and childhood. Allergies induced asthma grabs the highest attention among researchers. This is due to the increase in airborne pollutants, and climate changes that trigger a rise in pollen levels. This causes shortness of breath, wheezing and chest tightness leading to asthma. The drug type used against allergy induced asthma are inhaled corticosteroids Seretide/Advair, Flixotide/Flovent, Pulmicort among others.
Research Analysis and Highlights
The report provides an in-depth research and rational analysis of the current status and future prospect of the Global Preventive Asthma Drugs industry. The report provides a clear picture of the factors driving the industry growth, and challenges faced by the industry. In addition to this, the study includes industry developments that have occurred during past two years.
The report further highlights market segmentation of the industry by types of drugs and geography. Separate section is allotted to recommendations to boost the global industry. With special emphasis on competitive landscape and dominant players in the market, the research provides valuable information to the investors who are looking to enter in this market.
Some of the key highlights of the report include the following:
- sCombined Therapy Benefitting Asthma Patients
- Monoclonal Antibody: An Emerging Effective Treatment for Asthma
- Inhaled Corticosteroids Continued to be Preferred Preventive Treatment for Asthma
- GSK, AstraZeneca and Merck Leading PAD Market
Key Topics Covered:
1. Analyst View
2. Research Methodology
3. Asthma - An Introduction
4. Drivers & Challenges 4.1 Drivers 4.1.1 Rising Healthcare Expenditure 4.1.2 Growing Geriatric Population 4.1.3 Increasing Prevalence of Asthma 4.1.4 Increasing R&D Driving Innovation 4.2 Challenges 4.2.1 High Cost of Drugs 4.2.2 Side Effects Caused By Drugs 4.2.3 Limited Demand from Developing Markets 4.2.4 Inadequate Awareness
5. Preventive Asthma Drugs Market Overview
6. Market Segmentation 6.1 By Type of Drugs 6.2 By Geography
7. Trends & Developments
7.1 Combined Therapy Benefitting Asthma Patients
7.2 Monoclonal Antibody: An Emerging Effective Treatment for Asthma
7.3 Asthma Tracking Tool Aiding Disease Management
8. Competitive Assessment 8.1 Market Share of Key Players 8.2 Top Selling Preventive Asthma Drugs 8.3 Profiles 8.3.1 Glaxosmithkline 8.3.2 Astrazeneca 8.3.3 Merck 8.3.4 Roche 8.3.5 Novartis
For more information visit
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-preventive-asthma-drug-market-outlook-report-2015-2020---preventive-asthma-drugs-anticipating-phenomenal-growth-300240225.html
SOURCE Research and Markets